thoughts

(skylars p.o.v.)

I woke up wrapped in Daltons arms with my head on his chest.

"Skylar?" Dalton whispered.

"Yeah?" I whispered back.

"Are you feeling any better?" he asked.

I moved slightly and only felt little pain in my neck and arm. "yeah actually. How long have we been sleeping?"

"I'm actually no sure," he said. He turned over and grabbed his phone. "Well its 6:30, so like 5 hours."

"Wow. I don't know how I slept for that long," I said honestly. "I've had a lot of insomnia recently and I haven't slept for 5 hours straight in almost a week," I said to explain.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I wish I could sleep with you every night and help you fall asleep," he said as he caressed my hair and looked into my eyes. God he's so beautiful.

I pressed my lips to his and he kissed me back with passion. It soon turned into a heavy make out session. Luckily we heard the stairs creak in time to pull apart and act natural before Daltons mother walked in.

 "Oh Skylar, I didn't expect you to be awake yet," she said surprised.

"Yeah, Mrs. Jacobs, I just woke up actually." I was silently hoping that she couldn't see the blush covering my cheeks, due to previous events.

"Well whenever you two get hungry there's food downstairs. We just got finished making dinner, but hurry before your food gets cold," she told us as she walked out.

"Your mother is so kind to me," I whispered to Dalton.

"She likes to take care of people, that's what makes her such a great mother," he replied.

I just smiled slightly at him and struggled back into his chest. My stomach growled and Dalton started chuckling at me.

"Do you want to go downstairs and get some dinner?"

"Yeah, but I'm really comfortable," I whined.

"I'll go get you some, if you want," he offered.

"Noooo I don't want you to leave. Ugh," I sighed out dramatically and pushed off the covers. "I'll go with you."

We walked downstairs together and got some food. We ate quickly and put our dishes away.

"Thank you for the food, Mrs. Jacobs!" I called to the living room where she was sitting.

"You're welcome, sweetie!" she called back. I smiled at walked with Dalton back up the stairs. We walked into his room and lay on his bed side by side. We laid there for a while, not sure of what to say.

"I love you," he said randomly.

"I love you too," I replied confused. "Why are you telling me that?"

"What? I'm not allowed to say I love you to my boyfriend?"

"No you are. I was just wandering why you said it so randomly."

He sighed like he was thinking about something. "I don't know," he replied after a while.

I felt like I had upset him. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." I tried to turn away from him.

"No its not you at all, baby." He sighed again. "I've just been thinking... about nothing really. I'm sorry."

I turned back to him. "You have no need to be sorry. What's wrong with you? You know you can talk to me."

He looked me in the eyes. "I don't know what's wrong with me." He started crying. "I love being here with you and you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, but ever since I almost died, I can't stop thinking about how it would be if I wasn't here; how happy everyone would be."

I wanted to slap him so hard, but instead I pulled him tight onto my chest and held him while he cried.

            When he calmed down a bit, I pulled his head up and just looked at him.

            "Who the fuck do you think would be happy that you were dead? You must be fucking crazy because the thought of you dying makes me want to throw up and cringe and wish I was dead myself. You have to stop thinking this way Dalton, or I can't be with you. I'm sorry that I had to say that, but I refuse to get attached to someone and then lose them, not again," I said sternly, but with sympathy.

            "Please don't leave me," he whispered.

            I hugged him again. "I just can't lose you. Can you promise me that you won't leave me? And I'll promise that I won't leave you."

            "I promise," he whispered in my shirt.

He puts on a smile and breathes it in,

and breathes it out.

He says,

"Bye, bye, bye to all of the noise."

Bam. Update. My fault for taking so long, I do apologize. I quite literally forgot that I actually had people reading it. I will try to do better, and I know I've said that before, but this time I'm committed. So how was the update? Nothing really happened, I know. I don't really know where to go from here. By all means, message or comment what you think of what's happened so far and what you think should happened in the future. It'll be greatly appreciated.