#310

(Dalton's p.o.v.)

The weekend was really fun. We cuddled, watched movies, went out on our boat and went swimming. We went out to a lot of the restaurants around town and rode horses at the farm next the house. Sadly, it was Sunday and we had to start heading home. My mother came to pick us up around 7:30 p.m. and we got home around 9:00 p.m. Skylar had to go home because his mom missed him, so I sat on my bed and tried to fall asleep.

Around 12:30 I found that I couldn't sleep. My thoughts were everywhere. They were running around in circles, telling me awful things about myself. I hadn't been thinking about anything in days because Skylar was there but now with no one to control me, I was a loose cannon. Just one thing needed to light the match and I would go off in a matter of seconds. I needed a release. Just one won't kill me. Will it? Maybe. I don't care.

I rolled out of my bed and walked to my bathroom. I opened the bottom drawer and took out the little, heart-shaped, silver box that contained 4 clean, sharp blades. I took out the shiniest one and smiled slightly in the reflection. Setting down the rest of the blades, I walked over to the bath. I started the water and undressed. Once the water was about halfway up, I turned off the water and got in. My muscles instantly relaxed and I closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling of the steaming water. I picked up the blade and lay back down in the water. I took a deep breath and place the blade against my wrist. My mind was telling me to do it but at the same time, telling me that it was stupid of me to do so.

Fuck this shit. I quickly pressed down as hard as I could and slowly dragged it all the way from the left side of my wrist to the right side, creating a huge gash. Blood started to pour out and soon enough, it was everywhere. I pressed down on it with my palm and hissed at the stinging sensation. Fuck that was too deep. Blood was covering my hand and leaking through my fingers. I started freaking out. All of a sudden I thought of Skylar and how he would react to this.

I jumped out of the bathtub; the water now tinted red, and wrapped my wrist tightly with some gauze I had laid out. It stung but I kept wrapping it. I could feel my arm start to go numb. I slipped on boxers, sweat pants and a V-neck and ran downstairs. My eyelids started getting heavy as I reached the bottom step. I opened the door with the little strength I had left, but I couldn't go any farther.

Passing out is scary as hell. Your vision starts the get black dots and you mind gets foggy. Your muscles weaken and your eyes drop. Your mouth can hardly move and you can cry and not even feel it. That was what was happening to me right now. i was trying so hard to stay awake, but it wasn't working. My legs gave out and I collapsed down against the door inside my house. I yelled out, "mom! Help me! Please!" while tears ran down my cheeks violently. I started hyperventilating as I saw my mother run down the stairs in her pajamas.

"Dalton?! What's wrong?!"

"Ambulance," I whispered before my eyes finally forced their way closed.

Blackness ensued.

===================================================

(Skylar's p.o.v.)

Mrs. Jacobs called me early Monday morning around 4 o'clock. Thankfully I was already awake due to insomnia.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Skylar. Uhm, did I wake you?"

"No ma'am I was already awake, but if you don't mind me asking, why did you call me?"

"I have some bad and good news. Which do you want to hear first?"

"... Bad."

"Daltons in the hospital," she said meekly.

"What!? Why!?"

"He cut his wrist open..." she whispered.

"How the fuck can there be good news?" I asked, exasperated.

"Because he's fine and stable now. He can have visitors but-"

"I'm on my way." I hung up the phone and put on some random cloths, the entire time thinking about why Dalton would do something like this. I knew that he's tried before but he said he wouldn't again. Why did he lie? My eyes started tearing up as I ran downstairs and outside. I jumped in my car and took off towards the hospital down the street. As soon as I got there I walked up to the lady behind the counter. She smiled sweetly at me but I was too out of it to be polite.

"What room is Dalton Jacobs in?"

"Let me check..." she was taking forever. "Room 310. Down the hallway, to your right, third door on the left."

"Thanks." I walked quickly down the hallway, almost bumping into people and equipment on my way there. I soon reached the room 310, and I took a deep breath. I debated if I should knock or just open the door. I decided on knocking.

"You can come in," I heard Dalton's hoarse voice yell.

I opened the door swiftly and walked inside over to his bedside. I was angry at him. How could he do this to me? Has he been lying the entire time? Ugh he's so fucking frustrating. My anger was evident because as soon as I came to a halt beside his bed Dalton looked scared and timid. I started breathing heavily as I got more and more angry.

"H-hi Skylar," he whispered.

As soon as I heard his voice, my breathing slowed and heart beat quickened. I lost all my anger for him and only felt sorrow for him. My poor baby.

"Dalton I-" I had nothing to say, so instead and leaned over his bed and gently placed my lips on his. He kissed back and pushed his lips harder onto mine. I cupped his face as his un-bandaged hand reached up and tugged on my shirt collar, trying to bring me closer. I sat on the edge of the bed as the kiss continued and started getting more intense. It was filled with passion, regret and pain. After a couple of minutes, I gently pulled away, leaving us both breathless.

"I'm sorry...," he whispered through his tears. He started crying while we were kissing and I hadn't noticed until now.

"Baby... why?" I asked confused. "You said you wouldn't anymore. You lied to me." I swallowed the lump building up in my throat.

"I know; and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it that deep, it just happened. I thought about you the entire time. I thought about how foolish I was and how mad I was at myself that you would have to know what happened. I'm ashamed and I'm sorry."

I gently caressed his face and hair as I started into his puffy blue eyes. He was still beautiful, even when he cried. I felt wetness on my cheeks and noticed I started leaking tears as well.

"Dalton... i-i think i I love you. Please, I can't handle if I lost you. You have to stop."

He just shook his head in agreement as an answer. I pulled him into my arms and he gratefully accepted. He hugged his arms around my neck tightly and I rocked him back and forth trying to calm him down.

"I'll never leave you..." he whispered.

"Good," I answered and squeezed him tighter.

He'll always be mine and I'll always be his. Forever.

_________________________________________________

btw the picture is of the little box dalton keeps his razors in.