Feelings

Almost immediately, Mrs. Moss came running into the living room followed by Mr. Moss.

 “Where is my son?” she asked me.

 I just stood there trying to analyze what happened. I shook my head and answered, “I have no idea. We were just standing here and he ran away.”  

 They looked at each other then back at me. “Tell your mother that we appreciate her kindness, but we must go now. Goodbye.”

 They rushed out of the house and jumped in their car.

 A thought soon rushed into my head, but I dismissed it quickly.

What are the chances?

 ********

 {Skylar’s P.O.V.}

 No. No. No. No. No. No.

 When Dalton grabbed my hand, tingles ran through my arm all the way down to my toes. I was surprised to say the least.

Love at first sight?

 My mind kept saying that and it was driving me crazy. No one can fall in love that quickly. I mean I don’t even know the guy. Honestly, I do think I’m gay, though, considering I was eyeing Dalton up and down observing every perfect part on his beautiful body.

 I am so gay.

 I ran away as fast as I could. I couldn’t even think about him, much less be in the same room as him. I had to get out of there. My foster parents are probably freaking out right now because I used to run away a lot and do really stupid stuff, but not now. I couldn’t risk it. I want to know what these feelings mean.

 I need to know.

 I soon found myself at an old train bridge that hung over the Ohio River. We moved to a small house in downtown Louisville, Kentucky, so it didn’t take long for me to get here.

 I walked up to the edge and looked out over the river and watched as the waves crashed against the coast. There were cargo ships strung across the harbor and sea food restaurants everywhere. I sat down and just took some time to think.

So I like Dalton?

No, I really like Dalton, for no reason besides his stupidly gorgeous smile and unfairly deep eyes his incredibly soft ski-damn.

Impossible.

Ridiculous.

Childish.  

True.

 ********

 {Dalton’s P.O.V.}

What if he was like me? I gave in and decided to go out to look. I went to the place I had so many times before. You see, I had tried to commit suicide twice in the past. Once was at the old train bridge over the Ohio and once in my bedroom with pills. I used to go to the bridge to think and once I decided to just jump. I figured it wouldn’t be a bad place to check.

 I drove quickly, probably going way over the speed limit, but I didn’t really care. I got out in the abandoned parking lot and tried to look and see someone but I couldn’t. I climbed up the rail that leads to the top and when I got up there, my heart sank to my stomach. There I saw Skylar sitting on the edge with his legs dangling over the side. The moon light was shining on half of his face and his hair was blowing softly with the wind. The only sound I could hear was him crying and the waves crashing against each other. He picked up a pebble and dropped it over the edge. He leaned forward to watch it fall down, down, down.

 Splash.

 I carefully approached him from behind in case he would try to jump. I couldn’t let that happen. When I was finally right behind him I whispered lowly, “Skylar?”

 He didn’t even flinch, as if he knew i was here. “What do you want, Dalton?”

 “I’m here to make sure you’re okay.”

 He turned his head slightly and replied, “I’m fine.”

 When I didn’t reply he continued, “What do you really want?”

 “I actually want you to tell me how you are. I want you to tell me about you. I want to know your past and what you want for your future. I want to know about your family and friends. I want to know what goes on in your head. I want to know you.” I sat down next to him.

 He looked me in the eyes and I felt something unexpected. Adoration.  Well that’s new.

 “Why do you want to even look at me? Why would you waste your time on someone like me? Maybe I don’t want you to know about me, did you think about that? Maybe I don’t let anyone in on purpose. Maybe I don’t have a family and maybe I don’t have any friends. Maybe the thoughts in my mind could be dangerous to yours. Maybe you don’t really want to know me because once you do, you can’t go back. You can’t forget. You’ll want to run away from everything but you can’t because it all just bundles up and constantly attacks you. You can’t get away. So why would you put yourself at risk for someone you don’t even know?”

 I sat there looking at him. Does he really think he can make my thoughts any worse? Ha, that’s funny.

 I laid my hand on top of his and spoke slowly and softly, “because I really like you.”

He just shook his head and looked back out at the river. A smile crept onto his lips and he said, “I really like you too.”

 “That’s good, isn’t it?”

 “No.”

“Why not?”

 He let out a forced laugh while tears continued to fall down his face.

 “Did you miss everything I just said? I’ll tear you apart.”

 “Maybe I don’t care. Maybe I like you too much.”

 He whispered under his breath, “impossible.”

“Nothing’s impossible.”

I touched the side of his face with the back of my hand and wiped away the tears staining his face. He looked at me straight in the eyes. I felt him grab my hand and hold onto it tightly. We leaned closer and closer together until our foreheads were touching. I felt his breathe tickle my lips and his closed the space between us. My hand instinctively reached up and grabbed his neck to bring him closer, but I wasn’t rough. I gently caressed his hair and cheeks while his tears dried. He leaned his body closer to mine. I let him control the kiss mostly because I didn’t want to scare him off with being too controlling. I tilted my head to the left while his went the opposite way. We sat there for a couple minutes slowly and shyly kissing, until he pulled away slowly.

 His forehead rested against mine. "I have a feeling were going to go through a lot of shit, Dalton," he said matter-of-factly.

"And that'll be okay. I'll help you and you'll help me. We can fix each other."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Well that’s adorable. So I got bored at wrote another chapter, sorry. But I hoped you liked it. A lot more will happen. Just wait… ahah

oh btw, the picture is of skylar.