Camping

(Dalton’s p.o.v.)

“I wasn’t gonna jump, ya know,” he whispered.

“What?” I asked. We fell asleep, and then he woke up around 7 a.m. and successfully woke me up as well, so we just started talking about random stuff. We were currently laying under the covers my arm draped over his torso and my head on his sholder.

“When we were at the bridge,” he turned to face me, “I wasn’t gonna jump. I just went there to think. It seems peaceful… looking over the water with the moon out and the wind blowing softly. I needed some time to think. I don’t even remember how I got there, but I’m glad I did.” He chuckled a bit at the end and I smiled along with him.

“I used to go there a lot. Then something happened and I couldn’t anymore because it was too… painful.”

“What do you mean? What happened?” He asked.

“… Nothing. I’ll tell you another time.”

He shook his head and frowned. “Tell me now. I don’t care if it’s bad, I wanna know.”

Damn, he’s persistent.

“Fine… when I was younger and really depressed, I jumped off the bridge one day when I went there to think. I got distracted by all the shit going on through my head and I couldn’t take it anymore. I didn’t even think about the effects the action would bring to the people who I loved most.”

He stayed silent, staring up at the ceiling. I swallowed when he finally looked over to me. “Who saved you?” he whispered.

“The coastguard… they thought I was a fallen tree branch or some luggage from a cargo ship.”

 “I’ll be sure to thank them sometime.” I smiled slightly at his comment. “Are you better now?”

“Much better; especially since I met you.”

“That’s sappy. Ugh I feel like I’m in a reality TV show when I’m around you.”

I laughed and hugged him closer to my body.

“You’re hilarious,” I said sarcastically.

“Shut up,” he laughed.

We stayed silent for a while, just enjoying each other’s company.

“Do you want to go out with me?” I blurted. As soon as the words flowed out of my mouth, I blushed a deep red and tried to hide my face.

He chuckled and lifted my face up with his hands, “I’d love to.”

I leaned in and kissed him quickly.

“You’re perfect.”

“Shut up.”

“You say shut up a lot.”

“Because you talk a lot.”

“Haha,” I pretend laughed, “so where do you want to go?”

“Camping.”  

“Camping? Seriously?” Awwwe, that’s cute.  

“Yeah… is that okay?”

“It’s perfect,” he looked at me and started to say, “don’t do i-“ but was cut off by me saying, “like youuu.”

“Ughghghghghg I hate you.”

“You do?” I asked seriously.

“No,” he said truthfully.

“Oh, thank God cause that would’ve been awkward.”