Warriors practice

morning after the barbeque

connor woke up before you, he was about to get up and noticed you were still asleep. he smiled down at you and started playing with your hair.

after a few minutes you woke up, you looked up at connor and smiled.

"good morning," you said drowsy.

"good morning sleepyhead," connor said chuckling.

"how was your sleep?" you asked closing your eyes.

"mine was good, yours?" connor said well staring at you.

"it was good." you say well moving closer to connor.

after about an hour of just laying there, you guys got up to get some breakfast. beth was making pancakes, "morning you guys, how were your guys sleep?"

"good!" you say cheerfully well getting a glass of water.

"it was good," connor said sitting at the table.

you started to help beth make pancakes, you and beth were just talking until jamie came down after his cleansing session. you went and sat down before jamie started helping beth.

at practice

you and brain were throwing the ball around until coach lambert called everyone in, "alright guys and girl, we are going to work on defense today, and where are your helmets? go get them,"

"connor, marcos, dennis, nate, paulie, brain and y/n on offense and the rest of you on defense."

everyone got in their positions, marcos got the ball and back dropped and threw it to connor. connor started running with it until he got tackled "connor, you've got outside contained don't... don't guess."

connor got back up and was getting mad about his dad being there calling him out. you walked over and patted him on the back.

you guys kept on working on the defense and, you were running after the wide receiver and got hit down. "y/n you cant just guess like that, you gotta get get on the inside of the runner!" your father yelled at you.

you looked over and just stared at him, you looked away because this was the first time in weeks since your dad was at your practice. connor nodded at you to make sure you were okay, you nodded back.

after practice

"hey, you okay?" connor asked.

"yeah, I guess, its weird having my dad at practice in weeks. honestly I was he was there but not really, you know?" you said looking down and putting your stuff into your bag.

"yeah, I'm getting used to having my own dad here as well." connor said taking your hand walking out of the locker room.

jamie was there pulling up to the gate when you guys walked out, "hey connor, y/n, you guys up for some vegan ice cream? it tastes just like regular ice cream. as long as you've never eaten regular ice cream."

you and connor looked at each other and shrugged and jogged over to the car, "its made with green tea, banana leaves. you'll love it." jamie said excited.

you were getting into the car and looked over and saw your dad walking down the stairs, you looked at him, and got into the car, "anyone of you guys got any cash? your dad give you a credit card?" jamie said

"uhh"

"wait, you want me to pay?" you said confused

at the ice cream place

you guys walked in together waiting in line to order ice cream. as you guys were waiting you and connor talked well jamie was looking for the ice cream he wanted.

after you guys got the ice cream, you were eating the ice cream at a picnic table. jamie walked away for a phone call, you and connor spit out the ice cream and threw it away. jamie came back and continued eating his ice cream talking about random things to you guys.

later you guys left and took you home, and to your surprise, your dad was home. you walked in and saw a lady with your dad, he heard you come in and looked at you. "hey kiddo, how was practice?" he asked.

"um, it was okay, I guess." you said looking down

"that's good, um this is lizzy and lizzy this is my daughter y/n." your dad said

"nice to meet you y/n! your father told me so much about you!" lizzy said happily

you just looked at her and walked up to your room. you grabbed your backpack and packed clothes, essentials, and whatever you could fit into your bag, you grabbed a book, equipment and walked downstairs and walked out the front door, "hey y/n, where are you going!?" your dad yelled

you kept on walking, your dad didn't even make an effort to stop you. after about a 20-minute walk, you made it to connors house. you knocked on the door and connor answered it, "hey y/n, what are you doing here?"

"um, can I uh stay here for a little bit? my dad has a girl over and I-" you started crying.

connor instantly hugged you and carried you inside. beth came running in and stopped when she saw you in connors arms and walked away.

after a while you stopped crying, you were about to grab your stuff until connor took it and carried it to his room. you jumped onto his bed and just laid there, connor left you alone for a little so you can freshen up. you got up after five minutes of just laying there, you grabbed connors sweats and his warriors hoodie.

after you showered you brushed your hair and crawled into connors bed and fell asleep. connor walked in and saw you asleep and got in bed and wrapped his arms around you and closed his eyes.