Practice after The Porcupines Games

at practice
coach payton was walking on the track and was a little down. coach troy was trying to make plays for if we play the porcupines again.

"you mind if i address the whole team?" coach payton asked troy.

"be my guest." coach troy said. well scribbling on his paper.

coach payton blow the whistle well everyone was warming up. "everybody, take a knee." everyone took a knee. "that was a bad loss. we are going to get our revenge." coach payton said well walking down a line.

"we don't play them again coach." jason said.

"oh, thank god." paulie said well making a cross against his chest.

"we play them again in 27 days. in the championship game." coach payton said.

"i know they're gonna be at the championship game, but how are we gonna get there?" dennis said.

"we'd have to win the rest of our games." jason replied to dennis.

"that's right jason. you guys know what drew brees does after every game?" coach payton asked everyone.

"when every body else has gone home, drew stays on the field, and he runs through the progression in his head to see what he could've done better. that's was separates him from the rest. that's how you become great." says coach payton.

"you really think we can beat 'em, dad?" connor asked.

"we're not only gonna beat 'em, we're gonna shut the scoreboard off. how about that?" coach payton said.

"yeah, guys." coach troy shouted well clapping his hands. everyone started clapping and cheering.

"last saturday, i saw a team get beat mentally!  i saw guys quitting! i saw guys not at their physical best. so how do we bring that to the next level? i'll tell you how. we start running laps. go!" coach payton said and blowing the whistle.

everyone started running laps. you and connor were running side by side. "you really think we can beat them?" you asked connor.

"yeah, i think so." connor replied well trying to breath regularly.

"you really think so? i just hope my arm gets better before the game." you said well out of breath.

connor looked at you sympathetically. he felt bad for you.

after running laps coach payton was doing drills. he was blowing the whistle and everytime he did you guys had to do a burpee, which was hard for you to do but you pushed through. then coach payton made you run in the direction we're he was pointing after he blew his whistle. then after he made two people lay down on their backs and when he blows his whistle they would get up and start pushing each other to see who gives up first,  which you didn't do because of your arm.

after practice
"paulie, put the pizza down. that's not your physical best." coach payton said.

"listen up, guys. we need to address our weakest link, which is our kicking game." coach payton said.

"my butt hurts, man." paulie said out loud.

"it's because of harlan's girlfriend." jason said well looking at harlan.

"she's not my girlfriend." harlan said defending himself.

everyone was telling harlan for her not to come anymore. "hey, hey, hey, cut it out. listen up. harlan's your teammate. you're all gonna go through the same thing, like connor and y/n. so we need to help him with his girlfriend problems." coach troy said.

"guys, she's not my girlfriend. she doesn't even know i exist." harlan said.

"have you ever talked to this girl?" coach troy asked.

"i can't. i dropped out of chorus the first day she joined." harlan said. "aw, big loss. harlan's got the voice of an angel." dennis said.

"i say stay away from her man." coach mitch said. "oh god, not again." coach troy mumbled. "she'll break your heart. next thing, she's seeing some busboy." coach mitch said. coach payton is trying to stop mitch from saying anything further. "then you're moving in with your mother." they finally stopped him from talking about his girl problems.

"guys, look, harland our teammate, okay? he's got a problem. we need to help him solve it." connor said.

"i mean, my mom likes it when i make her breakfast in the morning. you should make her breakfast." dennis said trying to help.

"i don't even know how to cook." harlan said.

"but you do know how to sing." coach troy said.

"trust me, this is gonna work. coach mitch said.

at brooke's house
"ladies, they love lanterns." coach mitch said. "had these left over from my third wedding." coach mitch said well lighting lanterns."

"good luck, kid, don't screw it up." coach mitch said well walking away.

you and connor looked at each other and smiled. you guys were excited for harlan.

carry my home tonight
just carry me home tonight
the moon is on my side
i have no reason to run
so will someone come
and carry my home tonight
the angels never arrived
but i can hear the choir
so won't someone come
and carry my home
tonight

everyone who had a lantern pushed them up into the air. harlan was singing, everyone started to clap for harlan's melody, the team started singing together with him. "here she comes!" dennis said.

harlan stood there. an old lady came out and yelled "what do you want?"

"wow, she's much older than i thought she would be." nate said.

"i was sleepin'. do you know what time it is?" the older lady said.

"it's like 7:30." paulie said.

"uh, hi. is brooke home?" harlan asked.

"wrong house, dummy. it's across the street." the lady said. "argh, fire!" the lady said well pointing across the street.

the whole tree was on fire. everyone was shocked and couldn't say anything. than the tree fell on top of the van. harlan was devastated.

connor trying to light up harlan's mood by saying "well, at least she knows who you are now." you hit connors arm after he said that. "how can you say that?" connor looked at you and shrugged.

a/n
sorry it's been a while i have so much sports going on and now school. i'll be trying to post every second day!