Warriors Practice with Sean

the next morning
you and connor just woke up, you both went downstairs ate breakfast and got ready for football.

you were upstairs still, getting ready for practice. connor went downstairs to wait for you and beth to go to practice.

you were just coming downstairs when you heard a honk outside, you walked out into the living room. "all right. i'll go. i'll go."

you looked confused, "my sad is picking us up for practice today," connor said well walking to the door.

"oh, really?"

"yeah, i don't want to go,"

"i mean you can get one-on-one time with him?" you said confused.

"yeah." connor walked out the door.

you followed behind him shutting the door, you walked up to sean's car and got in the back.

it was a very awkward drive, "any music you guys like?" you both said nothing.

"you, uh, you still into country?"

"you know where you're going?"

"the only place ive been other than my hotel for the last week? yeah, i got an idea."

"i meant from my house."

"you know i used to live there, right? before all the dream catchers and salt lamps."

"i've been told." connor said kind of annoyed.

you were just sitting in the back looking at connor. "so, guess who the new offensive coordinator for the warriors is?" sean said.

"how did that happen?" connor asked then looking back at you.

"coach troy asked me, and i thought it'd be cool because we'll get to hang."

"hang?"

"yeah. what we're doing right now. hang in'."

"it's tough enough right with you just in the bleachers. you know what paulie's dad said about you?"

"i don't give a crap about what paulie's dad thinks." sean scoffed.

"maybe i do." connor said.

you still haven't said anything thinking they forgot about you in the back. so you started playing with your fingers. connor noticed "hey, you okay?"

"oh, um, yeah, yeah i'm fine" you said giving him a fake smile.

"so, uh, what's going on between you two?" sean asked well looking at both of you.

"uh, um, we're dating," connor said.

"yeah, what he said," you started to get really nervous.

"so, y/n when did you start playing football?" sean asked.

"i was, well i think i was three? yeah three," you said questioning yourself.

"wow, that's cool, how'd you meet connor?" sean said.

"we met through football well school mostly because we're in the same classes, but football as well."

"nice."

at practice
you and connor walked to the benches hand in hand, "sorry, about that," connor said looking down.

"it's alright, hey i wanted to ask you how are you? you know when your dad picked us up." you asked.

"honestly, i'm kind of happy he's coaching us, we could get to know each other more." connor said.

you just nodded and started putting your gear on.

the whole team was just sitting on the field waiting for practice to start. "hell yeah, i want stuffed crust. what kind of questions that?" paulie said on the phone.

"paulie, are you seriously ordering a pizza right now? we're about to practice." coach troy asked annoyed.

"im ordering it now so it gets here at the peak of my hunger."

"i don't care. hang up the phone." coach troy asked annoyed.

"all right, warriors. our season hasn't got off at the best start." coach troy said.

"what are you talking about? we scored a touchdown." marcos said.

"we scored a touchdown! we didn't get shut down!" everyone started chanting, but connor was looking at you the whole time because your were happy.

"all right. all right. true, but we did still lose 38 to 6." coach said.

"wow, killing the vibe, coach." brian said.

"look, i know each of y'all are doing your best, okay? we just need something' to pull it all together. a new voice." coach said.

"is mr. payton gonna be our new coach?" harlan said. the boys started cheering except for connor.

"coach payton is gonna be our new offensive coordinator." coach said proudly.

the boys groaned "how about that?" coach troy said.

"our defense sucks too." nate said putting up his hand.

coach troy looked really offended "thank you."

"look. i want you boys to treat mr. payton with the same respect you treat me."  coach troy said.

"oh, oh, we can do better than that."  jason said. coach troy looked offended.

"but to clarify, coach payton is third in line. in other words, if coach troy were the president, i'd be the vice president. and if coach troy happened to get assassinated, i'd take over. coach payton would then become the vice president." coach mitch said.

"um, what happens if both of you guys got shot?" paulie asked.

"well, i think they'd, uh, cancel. i don't think we could play that game." coach mitch said.

"okay, that's good to know. guys, let's line up." coach troy said having enough of this conversation.

everyone started getting up, "hey, when i tell my guys to line up, the last one there, he'd be running stairs till sundown." coach payton said.

everyone started running to the end zone. well the boys were running someone fell.

"gentleman, it's about speed. so if you don't got it, you better hurry up and get it. now, on my count, we're gonna run to that 40-yard line as fast as you can." coach payton said.

"you said 'on my count.' how many mississippis is that gonna be?" nate asked.

"how about this?" coach payton said blowing the whistle.

everyone started running, you were right behind connor "one, two, three, four. congratulations. you four just became our new wide receivers." coach payton said.

you and connor hugged each other smiling and laughing.

"let's get those pads on. let's get to work. come on." coach payton said blowing the whistle.

you guys were doing lots of conditioning, after you guys were done. you, harlan, connor and paulie were doing field goals. connor got the ball and placed it done, and you kicked it really far.

connor got up and patted you on the back, "good job y/n!"

"thanks! i've been practicing!" you said really excited.

you and connor were walking behind, sean and harlan talking.

"the only reason to play football is to have fun. and the only way to have fun is to win. and the only way to win, is with this." coach payton said holding new play books.

everyone went and started to get one. you and connor kissed quickly and started looking at the plays. everyone started patting connors back, connor looked really happy.

you and connor changed and went home, and just relaxed, cuddle, and some kissing here and there.