Warriors Game

going to the game
you and connor were sitting by each other just talking about life. everyone else was just talking, you laid your head down on connor shoulder.

sean looked back at the kids and noticed connor and you. he was staring at you guys until he noticed connor looking at him.

"hey, y/n," connor said.

"mhm," you mumbled.

"you think we're going to win today?" connor asked.

"yeah, i think so." you say tiredly.

"okay." connor said.

at the game
you guys arrived at the field, you guys got ready and started warming up.

"hey look it's a girl." someone from the other team said.

"yeah, i wonder if she's good or not, but probably just here for the guys." the other one said.

you heard but just kept on warming up. after warm up you did some drills and then the game started.

later on in the game
"with the rams leading 6-0 they have the ball on the warriors' 45-yard line. second down with three yard to go for the first down." the commentator said.

the rams started and we're defending the quarter back. the quarter back started to run for the ball, dennis was there to tackle him but backed out a few feet before he came up to close.

he kept on running not noticing you behind him, you tackled him down without effort. the warrior parents cheered and the guy that you tackled, pushed you off of him. "you better watch out, next time you let me get the touchdown." he said trying to intimidate you.

"wow, i'm so scared." you said sarcastically well walking away.

you guys were in a huddle waiting for connor. "all right, huddle up, uh... 42 long, i-formation wide, something, something." connor said confused.

"wait. am i the formation?" dennis asked.

"who's number 42?" paulie asked.

"wait, dennis we're on offense." you said confused.

"they told me to come." dennis replied.

"where am i supposed to line up again?" paulie asked putting his hand up.

"you're the centre," connor said pointing at him.

"right." paulie said putting his hand down.

"didn't any of you study the plays?" marcos asked.

"my dad didn't even understand these plays." jason said.

"everyone, just go long." marcos said.

"okay, ready?" connor said.

"ready!" everyone said clapping their hands.

you lined up beside connor. "set! set! blue, white. blue, white. hut!" marcos yelled.

the play started marcos dropped back ducking, dropping back and running, moving out of the way of a tackle, faked going one way and went the other way, started running, saw connor running with his hand up and threw the ball wide.

coach troy caught the ball before it hit harlan in the face.

"it's okay, you got the next one." you said to marcos.

half time
"all right. hey, good first half. some minor adjustments, all right? marcos." coach payton said.

"coach." marcos said.

"marcos, you are the most talented player on our team." coach payton said.

"too true." marcos said.

"don't remind him." jason said.