Part 51

The cold night air burned his lungs as Alexander crept silently through the trees of the mountain crest. Below, he could see the pack that was his target. But he moved slowly, watching, scenting, listening. Alert for any signs of patrolling wolves, innocent pack members out at such a late hour, always looking for any sign of Liam Wade.

But suddenly, there was movement. Shit!

The former Alpha stepped out of a small home with a few guards to start loading bags into the back of an SUV.

"Now!" Alexander ordered his wolves. There was all the proof they needed. But they had gone slow enough, the bastard was loading up supplies and getting ready to move on to somewhere else. They didn't have the extra time to go slow anymore.

In a rush of well trained and organised precision, the Royal pack had swarmed the Bogomil pack. Each unit made their way to their designated targets with ease. He could hear the snarls and cut off howls of the patrolling guards as they went down.

Liam's head snapped up as he ran to get into the waiting vehicle.

Alexander didn't pay him much attention, there was already a unit closing the roads into the village, and Liam was too pampered and spoiled to think of running in wolf form first. That bought Alexander some time before going after the Wade prick. No, first, he needed to bring down the Bogomil Alpha.

Within seconds, he could see Asen Bogomil rush out of his pack house. Now there was the man of the hour. Once he was subdued, the rest of the pack would submit without a fight. They wouldn't fight for Liam. And they would submit to Alexander. But the fastest way to save lives was to end it all as fast as possible, and that meant bringing the alpha down.

Letting the full expression of his alpha power loose, the king charged forward and met the alpha head on in wolf form. Asen barely had the opportunity to shift himself, but he never had a chance in a one on one fight with the king. It lasted mere moments before the alpha was beaten and bloodied, pinned with his face in the frozen mud. Alexander lifted his muzzle to the sky and howled in triumph.

It was done.

Every wolf within miles could hear that their alpha had been defeated. They could feel the power shift as claws tore through Asen's throat and removed the pack of an active alpha. All the while, Alexander stared straight into the eyes of Liam Wade.

The anger and rage burned in his veins as he stepped off the deceased man beneath him and slowly stalked his way up to the coward.

Despite the hatred that burned in his eyes, his face and shaking form betrayed the fear Liam felt. Alexander could smell it wafting from his pathetic frame.

"You won't win. You'll never win. You think it ends with me? Well, think again." Liam tried to remain defiant.

The king shifted and stood before the man who caused the death of so many wolves. "Who else?"

The former alpha spit at his feet. "Too many for you to stop."

With deadly calm, Alex lowered himself to the other's level and grabbed his face, drawing blood with his nails. "Do you think I'm stupid enough to only target one pack?"

Liam's eyes widened.

A dark chuckle rumbled from the king. "You are a fool Liam Wade. You destroyed your pack, you left your mate defenseless and having to suffer the loss of her mate while so close to giving birth to your pups...." He tsked the younger man to let it all sink in. "Yes. I have people in Wade territories already. And more than half a dozen other packs. You have no one left now."

"It's not enough!" Liam screamed, his face red and spit dripped from his lip in rage. "You'll never stop nature! This is our nature, our natural law, to live by dominance and violence."