«Çhåptër 1»

New beginning*

» I got out of the car and breathed in the fresh air. I looked at my hometown that I left when I was 16. Me, my mom, and my younger brother, Max, left Utah to go to Colorado to live with my grandparents when my dad left. But a few years later me, my mom, and Max came back just because we were curious, and I really wanted to. I was snapped out of my trance when my mom called me.

"(Y/N)! Can you help me with these boxes, please?" She asked getting some of the boxes out of the truck. Max behind her carrying some boxes.

"Oh yea, coming," I said running over to my mom and grabbed the top one. Max started walking to the apartment building in front of us.

"Thank you, dear." My mom thanked me, following Max. I just nodded. I was never the one to always say something back sometimes. We went on the elevator of the apartment complex, to where me, mom and Max would be staying. We were on the 5 floor, one floor from the top level. My mom got her keys out and unlocked the door. We walked in and put the boxes down.

I looked around and made note of the details. The kitchen was there when you walked in. There were light blue tiles, an electric stove, and some counters with a beige top. All the walls in the apartment were a creme-white color. I then went to the living room which already had a nice, minty green sofa and chair. I also noticed there was a glass door with a balcony out front. I unlocked the sliding door and went on the balcony. I sighed and looked around Max looked around also. He doesn't remember a lot about Utah since he was only 6 when we moved. I suddenly felt my mom's hand on my shoulder.

"It's quite nice, isn't it hun?" Mom asked putting a hand on Max's shoulder. I looked at her and started to speak.

"Yea it is. It's just there's not much stuff to do, but I'll survive." I said giving mom a sweet smile. She smiled back.

"Yes, your right. But at least we have a place of our own now." she said hugging me and Max. I hugged her back and let out a breath.

"Yea, don't have to deal with sharing things anymore with grandma or grandpa." I laughed a bit. Mom snickered.

"Don't get me started with grandpa's snoring." Max groaned remembering the nights of our grandfather's snoring.

"You're right. Anyways we should get the rest of the stuff and unpack to get it over with." Mom sighed, leaving the embrace. I nodded and followed her to get the rest of the stuff. Once we got all the boxes out of the truck, I got my stuff and started to unpack. I walked into my room and saw my bed already there, which my mom placed a bit before we moved in. I looked to the side and saw a normal size closet, which I didn't mind because I didn't need a big one anyway.

I opened the first box and started unpacking stuff. It wasn't much just stuff like books, collectables, and some decorations. I had my headphones on and was listening to music on my Walkman. After I was halfway done with my second box, I decided to check the time. I went to go look at the clock in the hallway.

"Damn, it's already 4:30pm?" I asked myself being surprised I've been doing this for an hour. I went back to my room and got out my Walkman and continued doing my stuff. Awhile later when I just got done with my second box, I heard my mom. I took off my headphones and looked in her direction.

"Oh, hey mom. Need something?" I asked moving the box off my bed.

"Hi dear, I was wondering if you wanted to go to Fredbears Family Diner with me for a break." She asked, leaning on the door frame.

"Oh sure, lemme find my shoes." I answered, putting my Walkman away. She smiled at me.

"Ok hun, I'll get my purse then we'll go." She said and left. I got my shoes and put them on. I went out of my room and closed my door, since my room was a mess at the moment. I went to the front door and saw my mom standing there with her purse and keys in hand with Max by her side.