«Çhåptër 9»

Aftermath*

»I woke up to my alarm going off. I groaned, not wanting to get out of bed. I sighed and go up to turn off my alarm. I yawned until I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," I say in a raspy voice.

The door opens and my mom walks in. "Hi dear, just to let you know Henry said you don't have to go into work today." She explained to me.

"Mk," I replied, sounding tired. Mom was about to leave when I realized I didn't know which day it was. "Hey mom, what day is it?" I asked.

She turned around to face me. "Oh, it's Friday. Also, can you pick your brother up from school at 2:30? I forgot I have work." She asked.

I nodded. Mom left the room and shut my door. I yawned and flopped down on my bed. I didn't know what to do today aside from picking up Max and dealing with his dumbass. I sighed and got up to change. I was almost to my closet till I heard the telephone in my room go off. I groaned and walked over to pick up the phone.

"(Y/N) (L/N) speaking, who is this?" I asked the person on the phone.

"(Y/N), it's me Henry. I was wondering if you would like to come with me to a coffee shop in town to talk a bit." He questioned.

"Oh, hey Henry! Sure I would love to come, what's the address?" I asked.

"Its at ************** street." Henry said, in a cheerful tone.

I wrote it down on a piece of paper. "Alright, thanks Henry. I'll see you soon!" I exclaimed, excitedly. Henry said his byes and hung up. 

I went over to my closet and right away got out (favorite outfit). I got the outfit on and went out to go to the bathroom. I brushed my hair and did it in the normal hairstyle I do it in. I went out to go to the kitchen where mom was. I peaked in the kitchen and just as I said, mom was there drinking some coffee and reading a book. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi dear," she greeted while putting down her coffee.

I smiled at her and walked to the fridge. "Hey mom. Question, how am I gonna go pick up Max if I don't have a car?" I asked, just realizing that I don't have a car.

Mom looked like she had remembered something. "Ah, forgot to tell you. Your uncle came last night and dropped it off, shortly after you went to bed." She explained taking a sip of her coffee.

I got an apple out of the fridge and went to wash it off. "That makes sense. Henry also asked me if I wanted to meet him at a coffee shop in town." I said, taking a bite of my apple.

Mom finished her coffee and put it in the sink. "Henry's a good man." Mom stated. I nodded in agreement. "He's told me about you and Williams little childish behavior. But don't worry, you'll eventually see he's a good man as well." She smiled and got her book.

"I guess he's ok. He's just annoying." I huffed, continuing to eat my apple.

Mom shook her head. "(Y/N) being (Y/N)." Mom sighed and laughed. I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, I gotta get to work." She went up to me and kissed me on the cheek.

I smiled at her and kissed her back on the cheek. She walked to the door but stopped halfway to clench onto her chest. I looked over at her, worried. I put my apple down and walked over to her.

"Mom, you okay?" I asked putting my hand on her shoulder.

She sighed and looked at me with a smile. "I'm just fine, hun. Don't worry, the doctors say I'm fine." she said in a calming tone. She faced me and hand her hand on my cheek. I put on a small smile and she took her hand off my cheek to leave. After she left, I couldn't help but worry. I was worried about her heart condition. Especially since she had a heart attack 5 years ago, when I was still in college. She would always tell me and Max that she was fine and not to worry about her because in her words that was her job.

I sighed and went back to eating my apple before leaving. I finished my apple and threw it away. I went to the little table by the door, where the car keys were. I grabbed mine, which had like 5 keychain on it and put on my shoes. I got the spare apartment key and put it on the same key ring as my car keys. 

I opened the door and walked out of the apartment, making sure to lock it. I went to the stairs, since I had been using the elevator a lot. I walked down the stairs and out of the apartment building, into the parking lot. I looked around to try and find my car and found it by some bushes. 

I unlocked the car and got in. The old smell of home mixed up with my car filled my nose. I sighed, glad to be back in my old car. I did smell a hint of cigarettes but, I could honestly care less. 

I put the car keys in and started the car. The radio turned on and was on some weird talk show station. I rolled my eyes. 'Of course uncle John had it on some talk show shit.' I thought to myself, wondering what the fuck was up with that man. I changed the channel that has a U2 song just ending, another punk rock song picking up after it.

I shook all thoughts out of my head and started driving to the coffee shop Henry told me about. I was excited to see Henry again especially since it was finally only us two meeting up together. That just made me think about what was rat man up too. And what about Clara? And Mike and the kids- ok should probably focus on the road. I kept my eyes on the road so I wouldn't crash my car that I had just got back.

After about 5 minutes, I arrived at the coffee shop Henry was telling me about. It was a cute little coffee shop that looked like something you would see in France or somewhere in Europe. I took the keys out and got out of the car. I looked to see if Henry was maybe near by. I was looking around until I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Hey (Y/N)!" I heard Henry say from his car, which was behind me.

I turned around and saw Henry speed walking towards me. I flashed a smile at him and he flashed one back. "Hey Henry! It's nice to see you again." I greeted happily.

Henry side hugged me. "Nice to see you, too." He pulled away from the little side hug.

"Well, should we go inside?" I asked. Henry nodded.

"We should. We have some business to talk about."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally this chapter is done. AND SCHOOL IS ALMOST DONE THANK GOD

Anyways thanks for reading this chapter! :)