«Çhåptër 4»

Helping out*

»I walked to the main area for my new job. It was about 5 minutes before opening. I went over to the wall and leaned on it, crossing my arms. I wasn't really excited for this, especially since I was hoping to do something mechanical this week but oh well. I laid my head back, closing my eyes. It was peaceful until I heard families starting to come. I groaned and opened my eyes while still leaning on the wall. It surprised me how many families came in the morning.  I didn't see many employees around so I was guessing they may be understaffed or something. I just shrugged and continued watching kids run around and be loud.

I got lost in my thoughts, wondering about Afton. I had no clue how Henry could be best friends with that piece of shit. Same goes for my mom, I had no clue how she was sort of friends with him. Although Afton was a fine-looking man, he gave off such weird vibes. I jumped out of my trance when someone poked me on the shoulder.

"Oh, sorry if I startled you," a female employee apologized with a warm smile. She looked quite friendly. She had nice black hair, with chocolate brown eyes, and tanned skin. Her warm smile stood out more with her freckles.

"Ah, it's alright. I'm just glad to see another employee around." I sighed, putting a hand on my neck, awkwardly.

"Oh! Sorry didn't introduce myself. I'm Riley! But you can call me Ry for short." She introduced herself in a sweet tone with her hand out for me to shake. I smiled at her and shook her hand.

"(Y/N)," I let go of her hand, leaning against the wall again. Her eyes lit up with joy.

"That's such a pretty name!" She exclaimed, happily. I laughed at her childish behavior and shrugged.

"Thanks, yours is too," I complimented.

"Thank you. So, you must be new, right?" She asked me out of curiosity. I nodded my head looking back at the sweaty kids running around.

"Yup, just got the job today. It was pretty easy since my mom is good friends with Henry." I explained, looking back at her deep, brown eyes.

"Oh yea, Henry is a nice fella. I like him more than Wil-" Ry was cut off by a crisp, British accent.

"Ry, shouldn't you be working?" William came out from the hallway, where his and Henry's office was. Ry's face grew a scared expression, her eyes filling with fear.

"Uh, y-yes, Mr. Afton. Bye (Y/N), lovely meeting you!" She yelled while running off to go do her job. I looked at Afton with an annoyed expression. He just looked at with that smug smirk on his face. 

"What is it, Afton?" I hissed at him. 

"No need to get feisty with me, love. I just needed to ask of something from you." He spoke with that crisp accent. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well?" I grumbled, looking at the floor.

He cleared his throat. "Well, I need your help with something in an hour. That's not a question, it's a command." He commanded firmly with his hands behind his back.

I scoffed and looked over at him. "Finee," I groaned. I really didn't want to help this crumpets and tea guy, but I knew I wasn't getting out of it. 

He grinned at me. "Lovely. Be at my office in an hour, understood?" He asked me, making sure I knew. I just nodded my head looking away and back at the kids. I heard him scoff and just walk away.

'Why god, why do I have to help him?' I complained in my head. I would rather deal with screaming, sweaty kids than be with him, but gotta do what ya gotta do I guess. It would have helped if he told me what he needed with though. I sighed and kept my eye on kids while getting lost in another trance.