«Çhåptër 10»

Coffee talk*

»Me and Henry ordered our drinks and sat down by the window. I looked out the window and noticed it was starting to rain a bit. I sighed and enjoyed the scene outside. Rain was nice and calming for some reason.

"Good thing we're getting rain," Henry started talking, taking a small sip of his coffee.

I turned to face him. "Yea, I did my research before I came here. I know how Utah doesn't get a lot of rain or snow, especially the southern part." I smiled looking down at my coffee.

Henry cleared his throat. "I guess you were quite excited to come back here, weren't you?" He asked, folding his arms on the table.

I nodded. "Utah was where I was born. Plus, I missed you and I know mom did too." I looked up from my coffee to look at the blonde man.

He shrugged and smiled. "It was a nice surprise seeing you all come back. Anyways, that's not what I came to talk about. I came to talk about last night." Henry said, the last sentence in a serious tone.

I sighed and looked down at the table. I didn't really want to talk about last night, but I can't just go acting like it never happened. I needed to somehow acknowledge it. I looked up and made eye contact with Henry.

"All right, what is it?" I asked, picking up my coffee and taking a sip.

"Well, I need to know, how much did you hear of the argument?" Henry asked in a less serious tone, but still serious.

I sighed. "Me and Mike heard the whole thing." I said, tension in my shoulders.

Henry looked worried. "Mike heard too?" He asked, concerned.

I nodded. "Yes, we heard the crash and went to go see what it was." I said, avoiding eye contact.

Henry paused for a moment. "(Y/N), I know that this is hard to process. You just moved here and now your getting dragged into this stuff. But, I have something for you to do, and you can decline if you want." He explained.

I looked up at him, interested on what he wanted me to do. "Well, if it gets my mind off of stuff then I'll do it. What is it?" I asked.

Henry sighed, "You remember those murders I told you about and how we were getting lawsuits for it?" I nodded. "Well, there are still 2 kids missing, but the parents still decide to fight about it. So, the job I wanna give you is to find out who or what made those kids go missing." He offered.

I sat there, shocked. I wanted to take on the task since I was interested in detective work, but it could interfere with work.

"Wouldn't it interfere with work?" I asked.

Henry shook his head. "I know that your doing that stuff. But, Will doesn't, I know he wouldn't go with the idea." He explained. "So, are you up for the offer?" He asked.

I smiled toward him. "Yes, if it helps the diner then I'll do it." I agreed.

Henry smiled. "Thank you, (Y/N). I really appreciate it. I would do it myself, but I am a busy man." He chuckled.

I laughed along. "I know. I'm glad I can help." I said.

After that, me and Henry continued to talk about stuff. About the diner, when I moved away, some past stuff, and whatever else we could think about. It was nice catching up with Henry. I was glad to not be with Mr. Rat man. Even though I was talking with Henry, I was thinking about who or what could make those kids go missing and how to stop it.

"Oh my! (Y/N), I'm sorry I must be going. Me and my family are going out tonight." Henry apologized and got up.

I got up as well. "Its alright, Hen. I have to go pick up my brother soon anyway." I said, following Henry out of the coffee shop.

Henry held the door for me and we both walked out. "Well, it was nice talking with you. Let me know anything about the missing kids." He said in a bit of a rush.

I smiled and waved to him. I walked to my car and got in. I decided that I would just pick up Max on the way home since he was getting out soon. I started the car and left the parking lot. I turned on the radio and listened to whatever good song came on. I made my way to Max's school. When I arrived at his school, it was already out and Max was outside, waiting. I rolled my window down and called him. He looked up from the ground and started walking to my car. He got in and buckled, staying silent.

"Hey, bud," I started talking, starting to drive back to the apartment.

"Hey..." is all he said.

I looked at him, worried. "How was school?" I asked, stopping at a light.

"It was fine." He huffed, sounding annoyed.

I sighed and already knew, something was wrong. I pulled over on the side of the road and looked at Max. He continued to look down and hide his face.

"Alright, what wrong?" I asked, serious.

Max said nothing. "Max, I know something happened. Please tell me, or I'll have to tell mom that something happened at school." I pushed.

This got him talking. "Alright, alright, Jesus Christ." He muttered. He looked up at me, not hiding his face anymore. I gasped, looking that he had a few scars on his cheek and a bruise on his eye.

"Buddy, what happened?" I asked, with my hands on his shoulders.

He paused for a moment. "There's these kids from school..." he said.

That's when I knew, my little brother was getting bullied. "Someone's fucking bullying you, aren't they?" I asked, absolutely furious.

Max nodded, his eyes getting glossy. I hugged him, "Hey, it's ok, bud. I give you permission to beat their ass." I said in a calming tone.

He just nodded and continued to cry. I hugged and comforted him. I always wanted him to know that I was there for him, every since he was born and especially when our father left. Once he was done crying, he left the embrace.

"You ok?" I asked, getting some hair away from his dampened cheeks.

He nodded and sniffed. "Yea. Can we go home now?" He asked.

I smiled warmly towards him. "Yes, we can. But tell me if those kids every bully you again and I'll come beat their ass." I said.

He chuckled, "I'll have to help you with that." We shard a laugh and I started the car back up. I started driving home when Max asked a strange question.

"Do you think mom's ok?" he asked out of the blue.

I glanced away from the road and looked at him with a confused look on my face. "What do you mean by that?" I asked, looking back at the road.

He shrugged, "I don't know, it's just, her condition seems to be getting worse." He said, concerned.

I thought for a bit and also saw how her condition was getting a bit worse and worse ever since we moved here. "Bud, you have other things to worry about right now. Leave mom's condition to my worries. Plus, she's a strong woman her condition won't defeat her." I encouraged him, trying to sound convincing.

Max nodded and looked out the window the rest of the way home. We got back to the apartment, and Max went to watch television. I told him I would be in my room working on stuff. I went to my room and sighed, sitting against the door. I knew I had to work on the diner stuff for Henry but I only had one thing on my mind.

I didn't even know if mom was going to get better from her condition...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nsnsjfusonfhf my mother is making me go the last week of school and I don't wanna go to field day T-T I also may start a oneshot book so ye

Anyways thanks for reading this chapter!^^