2. The Proposal

Howon's POV

Where am I? What am I? Am I in a dream? In a nightmare to be exact?

"Call Mrs Han and tell her I'm sorry but the meeting has to be pushed later afternoon," she instructed me but I just stood in front of her desk and confusedly stared at her.

"Ms Jung," I blankly called.

"Oh and do tell Dongwoo I need those photocopied papers," she continuously instructed me, not minding me calling her.

"Ms Jung," I once again called but she still didn't mind.

"Oh, yeah! And please call Mr Choi and-"

"Eunji!" She was cut off from talking when I shouted her first name which I barely do. She gave me a shocked expression.

"What just happened?" I confusedly asked.

"We're getting married," she said like it's nothing. Like it's just like buying something from a store. She once again busied herself on her laptop.

"Well mind telling me why? Because as far as I know we are not dating," I frantically said. Why won't I freak out?! It's my life and I don't want to be tied to this witch!

She sighed and looked at me. "Look, Howon, this will be both good for us. Marry me and I may promote you and give you the position that you want," she offered.

Well that sounds tempting. But still, marrying my boss?! My wickedy boss? No freaking way!

"And why exactly should I marry you? What is the reason of this sudden wedding?!"

"My father will take me out of my position if I only think of work. He wants me to have someone to look after me. You know parents!"

"And why does this concern me?" I asked again which made her roll her eyes from frustration on me asking too much. Well in sorry but this is really hard to digest!

"Because if you won't agree with this then say goodbye to your precious dream. You signed your contract with me so that means that if I'll be gone then you'll be kicked out of here as well," she said gave me a fake smile.

Ooookay... That makes sense. This witch and her smart mouth!

"So if you mind? Let's start working. And oh, the phone on your desk keeps on ringing," she said and worked on her laptop again.

I can't believe this woman! She's willing to do that just to not have her position taken away from her. She really is a witch.

I lifelessly dragged my feet out of her office, still dazed at what happened. When I got out of her office, all eyes are glued on me. Oookaaay... Something's fishy here. Don't tell me?

I sat on my swivel chair, leaned my elbows on my desk and buried my face on my palms. Oh, God, what did just happen?

"I'm doomed!" I blurted out to myself.

"Congrats dude!" I lift my chin up and saw Sungyeol, my officemate grinning at me. "Congrats on marrying the witch," he whispered because he might be heard by my boss.

I just gave him a faint chuckle then he left laughing. I knew it! They already know! How did they know? News is really as quick as a lightning.

Waaa... What will I do? Wait a minute! Why am I letting that witch manipulate my personal life? She is already manipulating me here in the office and I won't let her do the same with my personal life! This won't do! I won't allow it just like that!

I hurriedly went back in her office. "I will do it under one condition!" I bravely told her.

She slowly lift her chin and irritatingly looked at me. "And what is it?"

"Aside from giving me the title of Editor in Chief, I want you to publish the book I made."

She looked at me like what I'm saying is a crazy thing.

"Arasso," she agreed after sometime of thinking.

"One more thing. It's my sister's birthday this coming Friday and I want you to come with me."

"And why should I come with you?" she quizzically asked.

"It's because whatever happens, my family will know about the marriage and when they found out that it's just a scam, for sure they'll come here and cause a scene. We don't want that to happen, do we?"

She thought about it for a moment then shook her head continuously. "No, I won't do it," she said and starts to type on her apple laptop.

"You won't? Arasso. Then kiss your position goodbye because I'm not marrying you," I said and is about to leave but she stopped me.

"Jakaman!" she called out as she stood up. Huh! I got you in my hands now!

"I'll do it!" she said almost whispering.

"You will what?" I tried to irritate her and it worked.

"I'll go with you. I'll be with you when you go to your hometown. Happy now?" she raised her voice.

Smirk formed your lips as she agreed. Now the last thing before I completely have you in under control.

"Now... Propose," I said as I put my hands in my pockets.

"Propose? What propose?" she confusedly asked.

"Well, you want me to marry you. Now, propose. It's okay even if you don't have the ring," I smirked.

She just stayed where she is and stared at me with her furious eyes.

"You don't want to? Arasso.. I'll ju-" I was cut off from talking when she spoke.

"Alright! Alright! I'll do it!" She walked around her desk and towards me. She kneeled in front of me and I so want to get my phone and capture this moment. I so want to laugh but I held it in. I tried to look serious as much as possible.

"Is this okay?" she asked, referring to how she's kneeling, and I nodded.

"Marry me," she monotonically said.

"Say it like you mean it," I softly said.

She looked at the floor and grunted, trying to hide her irritation. She fixed her hair and stared at me.

"Howon?" she started.

"Yes, Ms Jung, I'm listening."

"Will you please marry me, my sweet Howon?" she gave me a fake smile and flatter her eyelashes.

"I don't like the sarcasm but... Alright, I'll marry you," I said and walked towards the door without even helping her stand.

Ah... So this is how it feels to be upper. I have you in my hands now my wickedy enchanting boss.