14. Going to you

Eunji's POV

I let out a nervous sigh before knocking on my father's office here in our house. He welcomed me back with a smile and asked me every detail that happened in our little trip to Howon's hometown.

I decided to tell him the truth and the smile from his getting older face faded. I continue telling him the truth when he remained silent. I told him every single detail. How I met his family and how they made me feel how it feels like to have a family again. I also told him how Howon made me realize things about life, how he made me feel things I haven't felt before. As I finish telling him everything, I realized that I've been crying the whole time. He approached me and gave me a hug.

"He's such an amazing person, appa. And I can't afford to make him tie to me if he doesn't have feelings for me," I said in his embrace. He pulled away from the hug for him to look at me.

"Do you have feelings for him?" He asked.

I remained staring at him as tears flow down my cheeks. "I hate to admit it but yes, I have grown feelings for him. I have never felt this way before, appa," I admit and tears flow down my cheeks nonstop. He embrace me once again and this time tighter.

"My little princess," was all he said. After minutes, I pulled away from the hug.

"I actually came here to tell you that I'll resign from my position," I told him as I wipe my tears.

"You don't have to. You can still have your position," he said. I smile at him and shook my head.

"No, appa, we had a deal. Besides, I realized that your position in life is not important. What's important is to enjoy life and make your love ones realize how much you love them."

He kept staring at me the whole time I speak and now tears are also flowing down his cheeks. "Are you really my Eunji? What has he done to you?" He teased.

"I told you appa, he's an amazing person," I said and Howon's image suddenly pop out of my mind.

"Alright, if that's your decision then I'll respect it," he smiled.

"May I ask a favor from you dad?"

"Everything, dear, I'll give it. What is it?"

"May I use our town house in Jeju? I want to have a vacation and to clear my mind as well. If that's okay with you," I ask and I can already picture myself relaxing that townhouse of ours near the beach.

"Yes, of course my dear. You may use that whenever you want," he chucked and ruffle my hair.

After taking shower and change into fresh clothes, I decided to go to the office to pack my things in there. Even though I have jet lag, I don't want to stay in y room because for sure I'll be thinking about Howon again.

As I arrive at the office, stares and whispers immediately approach me. They might be gossiping about me and Howon. Well sorry people, the show is over. There will be no wedding anymore.

I went to my office and glanced at Howon's station first. I imagined him sitting on his desk and eating doughnut while receiving a call. I smiled at that thought.

I breath in the smell of my office as I came in. I'll miss this office for sure. I start to pack my things when someone knocked on the glass door. I immediately look at the door hoping that it's Howon but to my disappointment, it's Dongwoo, one of our staff.

"Sorry to disturb you, Ms Hung but Mrs Hans wants to talk to you. She's in on the other room," he said.

"Yep, I'll be right there in a second," I said and fixed my skirt before going to Mrs Hans.