13. Truth

You are right, I'm a witch. I feel like a witch for dragging you to this situation. I already forgot how it feels like to have a family but I felt it again the moment we arrived in your hometown.

You are a very blessed person Howon for having a family like yours and I don't want to see them get disappointed with you by getting married to a person you have no feelings with.

So I'm cancelling the wedding. I'm letting you go now, Howon. Don't worry, a deal is a deal so I'll still give you the position I promised. I'll also make sure to have your article published before I leave the office.

-Eunji

Thats it?! After everything that happened, she'll just leave me with this note?! I raked my hair up and heavily sighed. This can't be! She can't leave like this! She can't leave without her knowing how I feel for her!

I stared at the letter again and sighed from disappointment. Why did you leave Eunji? Why did you leave me? How am I going to tell this to my parents? How am I going to say this to mom without breaking her heart? She likes Eunji so much for me and I know she'll be shock to hear the truth.

Just then, there's a sudden knock on the door. That person did not wait for me to respond, the door opened and revealed my mom. She remained standing on the door way and stare at me.

"Are you okay?" She worriedly asked. Does she already know?

"You already know?" I asked and she just nodded. "How?"

She approached me and sat next to me. She held my hands which are holding Eunji's letter and sighed. "She talked to me a while ago. She told me everything," she calmly said, still giving me that sweet smile.

"I'm sorry mom," I whispered.

"Are you okay?" She asked me again. "Are you sure you're okay with her just going away?"

I stared at the letter then to mom then back to the letter. I burried my face on my hands. God, this is giving me a headache!

"I..." I want to say something but words fall out of me.

"Do you love her?" She asked and that made me look at her.

"Do you love her?" She repeats her question.

"Yes," I said almost like a whisper. "Yes, I do."

"Are you sure about that? It's not that I am against it, you know how I like Eunji for you. I just want you to be sure of everything before you do any decision."

"I do love her, eomma," I said and realized that I am now crying after a tear dropped on the letter. "And I'm an idiot to realize that too late."

Mom cups my cheeks and forced me to look at her. She gave me her warmest smile and wiped my tears.

"Well, it's not too late to stop her. She left the house at five in the morning and it is just quarter to seven," she smiled and I did the same.

She's right. Instead of just sitting here, I should hurry and catch up on her. I immediately grab my car keys not minding how I'm dressed and hurriedly went to the door until, my dad block my way.

"Not gonna happen," he slury said. Why does he talk like this? I look down at his hand which is holding a bottle of whiskey. Great! Here I am in a hurry to get to Eunji but is blocked by my drunk dad.

"Not now dad," I hissed and is about to walk past him but he blocked the door by his hand.

"Honey, let him go," mom tries to convince dad using her sweetest voice but it did not work.