12. Realization

Howon's POV

We are having so much fun talking and reminiscing about the past. Chorong did not change, she's still the sweet girl I met before. If I'm still not in love with someone else now I might ask her to be with me again.

Yes, I'm in love again.

I'm in love now.

I am in love with the woman that I am about to get married to and I have no doubt about it. I kept on asking myself why am I feeling this way whenever I'm with her and after the kiss that we've shared last night, I start to get it now. This is not what I've felt towards Chorong before. What I feel towards her is different. She's different.

Speaking of Eunji, where is she?

"Guys, has anyone of you seen Eunji?" I ask them.

"Yeah, she's at the veranda. She told me that she'll just have fresh air," Chorong said and stood up. "Wait, I'll check on her."

Moments later, she came back but Eunji is not with her. "I can't find her guys."

"What?" I stood up and panicked.

"Bro, relax. She might just taking a stroll outside," Woohyun tried to calm me down. Why won't I panick? Eunji doesn't know this place. She might get lost. I also have a feeling that something happened.

I scooped my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number.

"Howon?" Oh thank goodness she picked up.

"Where are you?" I asked with so much worry.

"In the middle of the sea," she chuckled but I heard nervousness in her voice.

"What?? What are you doing there?"

"I...I don't know," she said and sniffed. Is she crying?

"Howon? I'm scared," she whispered on the other line.

"Wait for me. I'm coming to get you," I said and ended the call.

"Is everything alright?" Mom worriedly asked.

"Eunji is stuck in the middle of the sea," said as I readied myself to go.

"What?!" They all said in unison.

"What happened?" Chorong asked.

I sighed as I raked my hair up. "I have no idea. I need to get to her. I need to get her out of there fast," I said as we hurriedly walk out of the diner.

"Dude, relax. It's not like she'll be eaten by sharks. Busan sea is a shark-free zone," Sungkyu chuckled while we are walking towards the beach.

"Bro, chill. I'm sure she'll just swim towards the shore. Slow down," Woohyun said and held my shoulder.

"I CAN'T SLOW DOWN!" I suddenly shouted not able to stop my emotion. I am so worried right now and whatever they say isn't helping.

They all look at me, shock at my sudden action. I let out a sigh and raked my hair up. "I'm sorry guys. I'm just so worried for her. She can't go to the shore because she can't swim. I mean it's not like she don't want to, she just can't. She has a Thalassophobia. It's fear of the sea," I explained and I heard mom gasped.

"Poor Eunji. Let's go and get her out of there immediately," she said and we all hurriedly went to the shore and borrowed my uncle's yacht.

We went to search for Eunji and when I saw her on the jet ski, helplessly leaning her arms and head on the stirring wheel, I immediately dived onto the water and swam towards her.