Chapter 3

England

A luxurious family car entered a wide gate.

The chauffer then stopped the car in front of the main door of a mansion. Beside it, was a beautiful fountain. The butler named Feng Hui walked down the stairs from where he stood in front of the main entrance. He then walked towards the car and opened it's door. Lan Zu went out from the car followed by his adoptive son and daughter.

" Home sweet home! " Lan Zu said feeling good about himself. " Aren't you glad to be home my dear daughter? " he continued and looked at his daughter, Lan Zhan who decided to walk towards the stairs to go up and enter the main entrance of the mansion, ignoring him.

When Lan Zhan entered, there were a group of maidservants aligned on either side greeting her enthusiastically about her return in the mansion. Lan Zhan still remembered some faces from years before she rebelled and run away from home. Some of them are new to her.

She walked continuously on the red carpeted floor, not in the mood to do or say anything at the moment and went towards the grand staircase polished with great furnishings. She walked upstairs with an elegant stride.

" My, what a beautiful lady the young miss is!"

" I know! She became even more beautiful now, that child. "

" She looked upset though. "

" Is it because she still doesn't want to return home after all these years? "

" Must be! "

The maids whispered to each other until Lan Zu and Lan Xichen entered the house with Feng Hui tailing behind them. They behaved themselves and greeted their masters.

" Is her room already cleaned? " Lan Zu asked Feng Hui without turning his head to look at the butler.

" Yes my lord. I have asked Li Fei to continue keeping the Young miss' room clean even when she run away from home. "

" That's good Feng Hui. Now, is the lunch ready? I'm starving. "

" I'll have it prepared right away my lord. "

~~~~

Inside the room, Lan Zhan stood near to an opened majestic window. She is currently looking outside.

To the night sky...

To the moon...stars....

Then down to where she saw the guards standing on either side of the gate. She then dragged her eyes to look towards the fountain abounding with clear water springing up with life. It springs up beautifully giving you a sense of feeling that you can be filled with something that can fill the emptiness of your heart.

Lan Zhan's heart may be filled with something right now. But that something is hatred, bitterness and unforgiveness towards her father.

As she gazed and looked to the beauty outside, she also remembered the past during her stay in this house. The good memories and the bad. But no matter what, she can't find it in herself to look and linger at the good memories. It feels so far away to her now. The good memories she had with her adoptive father. Those memories....it's just so hard to believe they existed. It's as if it's an illusion or a bad dream.

It's like when Lucifer was still an angel, serving and loving God until he chose to look away from God and became ambitious, wanting himself to be a god on his own. Which is absolutely absurd because, how can a created being like Lucifer become a god when he is a mere creation. A pure intelligence made by God? That absolutely made no sense because God is an uncreated being who existed before the foundation of the world. God created everything. Heaven and earth. The universe and the galaxies. So how can Lucifer make himself an uncreated being, right?

That's what Lan Zhan feels right now. It made no sense to her. How can a good father like Lan Zu made her kill innocent people, betraying her trust like that? And now, he's doing it again. He' s seeing her as if she's some kind of possession or weapon ready to be used by him in order to protect and feel good about himself. Controlling her life like this by marrying her to that Wen Chao.

Lan Zhan's eyes started to sting but she toughened herself. She clenched her fist not wanting to cry over spilled milk.