Chapter 14

Lan Zu's Backstory

Lan Zu had an elder brother named Lan Hui. Lan Hui was very good and caring towards him. He was very intelligent,  smart and was very good at handling their company business. 

Lan Zu on the other hand was not interested in the company business though people can see that he is also good at it. He was more interested in travelling and photography. And because of this, his parents would always compare him to his brother. That he should be like his brother and learn business rather than waste his time on doing photography. 

This made Lan Zu feel quite hateful towards his brother. But he chose to keep it inside him. It would be crazy of him to hate his brother just because his parents were pushing him to be just like Lan Hui. 

Years later, Lan Hui introduced his girlfriend named Nie Ru to the family. She was  a very beautiful girl. She then became Lan Hui's fiance until they decided to get married. And on that wedding day, his parents started to do the comparing thing again which made him incredibly angry. He's been keeping his anger for years and only at this day did it explode. He run away from the venue and went to a bar for a drink. He thought that it would be better to drink alone than to be there in that place where no one appreciates his efforts. 

A year after that, Lan Ru, his sister in law gave birth to a very handsome baby boy. They named him Lan Xichen.  And after several years, she gave birth to another child. A daughter this time and named her Lan Zhan. 

Lan Zu found himself enamoured by the two kids. And so whenever he has a free time, he would always spend it to playing with his nephew and niece. 

One day, after getting back from his travel at midnight, instead of going to his own apartment, he decided to go to his brother's house. He was away for a week and he missed his niece and his nephew greatly, though they would often communicate on video calls. And now, he wants to be there and surprise Xiao Chen and Xiao Zhan after they wake up in the morning. 

But then when he got there and knocked on the door, he was surprised to see that it was not the maidservant of the house who opened the door but someone else. 

" Who are you? Why are you the one who opened the door? " Lan Zu asked the man infront of him.

" Lan Zu, my friend. That hurt you know? Have you forgotten me already? "

Hearing that familiar voice, Lan Zu felt frightened and nervous. But he hid it very well and tried to look a clearly at the man infront of him just to make sure if it was really him. " Wen Rouhan?!"

The said man smiled at him. " The one and only. "

Wen Rouhan is Lan Zu's classmate in college. He is the silent type of a classmate but was so handsome and crazy smart. Lan Zu being that someone who just can't leave alone someone like Rouhan, tried his very best to befriend him. His labor wasn't in vain and they became bestfriends in college. But who would've known that that same bestfriend would become his nightmare one day. 

" Wait but why're you here?" 

Fu** why is he here?! Don't tell me he..