Chapter 8

The night is beautiful. The breeze of the air is fresh and cool.

The engagement party is being held at the Wen Residence huge garden. The guests are already seated at their respective tables for the night. We can see that most of them are CEO's or bosses from huge enterprises from the way they are dressed. Men with their expensive suits and women with dangling silver and gold decorated in the respective parts of their body.

On the sides, we can see some butlers standing on a look out for their masters.

" Ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to the engagement party of lord Wen Rouhan's son Wen Chao and lord Lan Zu's daughter Lan Wangji! " the host for the night said at the huge stage as he pointed at the two couple sitting near where the stage is located with Lan Zu and Lan Xichen, as well as Wen Rouhan and other sons.

The guests went on a round of applause as Wen Chao stands up and held out a hand towards Lan Wangji. The latter accepted it and together, they went to the stage.

At the back, Wei Ying stands with his disguise. He wore an all white women suit now just like what Xie Lian wore when she was still serving the Young Miss, instead of dresses.

He looks on clenching his teeth as he saw Wen Chao looking at his wife as though he wanted to ravish her here and now.

Lan Wangji wore a simple yet elegant red dress with long sleeves. Her porcelain  back portion is exposed which Wen Chao happily had the pleasure of touching as the two stood together on the stage facing the crowd. Wangji's face may look blank at other people's perspective but Wei Ying can tell that she's very uncomfortable with the gesture.

In Wei Ying's peripheral view, he saw a woman stand as well, and is currently walking towards the front. He turned his head to look at the woman.

" Lan Wangji! " the woman shouted getting everybody's attention. " You dare steal Wen Chao from me! "

There was a gasp heard among the guests.

" Wang Lingjao?! What do you think you're doing?!" said a voice that can only be  Wen Chao.

But the woman ignored Wen Chao Continuing to say, " You heard it right. That woman, she stole Wen Chao from me! Wen Chao is mine! "

" What are you talking about?! Who's yours?!"

" Wen Chao, A-chao my love! Didn't you promise me that we'll be together forever?"

" Shut up you bitch ! I never promised anything to anybody! My future wife is standing beside me! " Said Wen Chao making Wang Lingjiao become silent. The people around waited with bated breaths as they look at the scene before them. It was like watching an actual scene that can only be seen at the television.
But oh well, what we can see on the television actually states something about our own situations. Sadly, we just hesitate to actually consider, what areas in our lives, portraying the same matter.

For example, Wang Lingjiao is obviously an envious obssesed woman with so many issues. What part in your life can you see yourself feeling envious and obssessed for? Watch out for these cause these things would actually destroy you in the process!

Ahem! Going back!

But then a few moments..

" Is that so? Then, " Wang Lingjiao said quietly as she slowly got something out from the breast pocket of her expensive dress.

' Aiya, this drama again! When will this kind of drama ever stop? But then, people likes cliche things so yeah, maybe I'll do something cliche as well! Or maybe not. Haha '  Wei Ying thought as he saw what Wang Lingjiao got out from her breast pocket.

It was a gun. Wang Lingjiao raised slowly it towards Lan Wangji. The people around started to get alarmed and they started to get uneasy in their seats.

" If I'm not gonna have you, then nobody should! "

Wen Chao felt incredibly angry and said, " Wang Lingjiao! Put the gun dow--" but then he was interrupted.

" Young lady! " Wei Ying said coming towards Wang Lingjiao slowly. Wang Lingjiao and the people turned their heads towards him.

" Don't come! Stay there or I'll shoot! " she said and pointed the gun towards Wei Ying making Lan Wangji's eyes widen. But Wei Ying looked at her and winks mischievously before going back to the matter at hand.

" Isn't it unfair of you to do this? "