Chapter 10

After reading the message on Wei Ying's phone, the 3 men fell silent. Wei Ying wasn't sure where his friends were located thus he decided to contact one of them. But before he can choose who to call, he suddenly thought that the sender must still be speaking to them at this moment and find out he contacted them. It would be bad if the captor would be alarmed.

Suddenly, his phone pinged again. He immediately tapped on it and read it's content.

" Who is it? " Hua Cheng asked.

" Same number. " Wei Ying replied and the other two hovered close to him to look at the screen immediately.

" They're asking for the evidences we've got from the factory. It's Lan Zu. "

" Lan Zu? But how come he got ahold of your friends? Does he still have minions at Yiling and he decided to sent them to Gusu, deceiving your friends and now they were held captive without knowing anything? "

" I don't think that's it. Somehow I think that they've followed Wei Ying and his wife in England. Didn't Wei Ying said a while ago that their friends were worried when he only contacted them once? Maybe that's the reason why they came to see what's happened around here. "

" Well...Yeah. Maybe that's it. I'll contact Jiang Cheng since he's the only one missing in the picture. And surely he wouldn't just up and leave the company since I assigned him to be my substitute while I'm away haha. For sure he can confirm to me if they really came here. "

" Alright. Just make sure to be careful. We don't want him get alarmed and come here in haste. "

" Right I don't want my company getting bankrupt haha. "

...........

On the sofa laid a Shi Qingxuan. He has been asleep ever since he fainted due to the announcement he heard earlier. The exhaustion he felt might have sum up to his crying for 30 minutes, after knowing that his bestfriend and the love of his life which he planned on courting when they meet again is unfortunately already taken. And to add insult to the injury, he found out that she's married as well!

His fellow men surrounded him and felt sympathetic towards him.

" Poor Qingxuan. "

" Yeah. "

" He really loves the Young miss eh? "

" Surely! He wouldn't have reacted that way if he didn't. "

They have been busy speaking among themselves and didn't notice the person standing behind them. The person didn't plan on hearing their chatter. They only want to speak with Shi Qingxuan. But since the men have loud voices, the person can't help but hear what they were talking about.

' Qingxuan loves.... Sigh. Explains his odd reactions. ' they thought.

" Uie! He's stirring up! "

" Is he going to wake up? "

" Maybe!"

" Wake him up! Tell him let's go to the bar drinking and dancing the sadness away with beautiful women! hahaha"

" Tsk! Ol' Pei! Is that all you think about every single day?! "

" What's wrong with it?! "

" What'ya ask? Isn't being a womanizer all wrong? Ya don' respect ladies at all! "

" Hah! With that attitude ya'll never settle down! "

" Who cares about settling down? And besides, it's not my problem those women chose not to value their lives! Pulling up their skirts whenever they see some handsome men like me! Haha so cheap! They're no better than prostitutes! "

" Uie ol' Pei! How are you so rude to wome--"

" What's this noise! What the fu**! Can't even have a little bit of peace in here! " With that said, the men shut their mouths. The one who just spoke was the just woken up Shi Qingxuan. He seems to be actually angry because they talk so loud. He then slowly rose from the sofa and raise his head.

" Sigh. Sorry bros I just really.. Zhan Zhan?! How long have you been standing there?! " As he said that the men turn their heads to look behind them. Their eyes widened in recognition. Truth be told, Lan Zhan, the younger sister of their boss is standing behind them.

" Not long. Qingxuan. A word with you. " She said straightforwardly.

" You want to speak to me? Alright! "

" Uie! Did you hear the young miss? Let's leave them alone now and let them speak! "

" Right right! "

The men then quickly arose leaving the two behind. They muttered something about going to practice shooting and others going about drinking in broad daylight. Lan Zhan sat opposite Qingxuan like a well mannered child.

Shi Qingxuan smiled looking at her. " You finally decided to speak with me huh? I thought you've forgotten about me already! Don't you know? My life has been gloomy without you! Haha"

Hearing that, Lan Zhan huffed in response. " Don't exaggerate. One should not be the source of an individual's happiness. It must come from an infinite source. "

" Infinite source? Like what? Is it like God or something? Hahaha jokes aside though, it's true. " Shi Qingxuan replied playfully but said the last part with seriousness, making Lan Zhan feel like she's being coerced to listen with rapt attention.