Chapter 4

There are two comfort rooms inside the cafe. The left part was for the male, whilst to the right part was for the female.

Xie Lian walked towards the female's comfort room. She then knocked on the door and waited for a response.

" Young miss, are you alright?"

( Xie Lian Knocks twice)

" I hope you're not thinking too much there. " Xie Lian said waiting for an 'Mn' like usual.

But then there was no response.

' She must want to be alone for a bit. ' She thought.

" I will be here when you need me. " Xie Lian said and she turned, facing away from the door.

.........

" Hey Shen Yuan, how many minutes do you girls finish whenever you go to the comfort room?" Wei Ying asked after he calmed down a bit from the shock of knowing that finally, he's going to become a father. A father! Thank God He finally blessed them with a child! 

Wei Ying, though feeling excited can't help but  also fear upon the safety of his wife and child in the hands of that old fart.

" 10 or 15 minutes more or less. Why do you ask? You should've known that since you have a wife. " replied Shen Yuan.

Wei Ying pouted and said. " Well.. Lan Zhan goes to the bathroom whenever I am asleep. I rarely see her go to the bathroom. Like that one time when she had a bad stomachache because....ha-ha"

Shen Yuan looked at her companion who seems like he can't continue what he wants to say. Or maybe...he rather not want to say the rest of it.

" Because?"

Wei Ying scratched the side of his girly face with an index finger.

" Well...ha-ha" he uttered, awkwardly.

" Why can't you say it? It's your fault isn't it? "Shen Yuan asked.

" Aiya! How rude Shen Yuan! You don't even known the rest of it yet! "

" Am I wrong then?"

" You're right but!"

Shen Yuan snorted.

" I pity the young miss for having a husband like you. "

Wei Ying gasped drammatically.

" You wound me Shen Yuan! Just because you have a perfect husband who cooks well, doesn't mean you have the right to mock me! "

" I'm not. Just telling the truth."

" * Sigh* It's as if I'm facing another Wen Qing here. " he muttered.

" So, mind telling me what happened that time?" Shen Yuan asked not hearing what he muttered.

" I won't tell you! You're rude to me! " He said pouting.

Shen Yuan then shrugged and turned her head to sip her drink.

" Fine! I'll tell you! " Wei Ying said crossing his arms like the childish man that he is. Shen Yuan wondered how the young miss handles this kind of a husband.

But then, that is love. When you love someone, you love not only their good sides, but also their flaws and even their not so good parts.

" I'm all ears. "

" Tsk. Okay, so I.... "

And so Wei Ying told Shen Yuan what happened that time.

It was when they were still lovers. Wei Ying wanted to do something special for Lan Zhan and so he decided to cook for her even when he has been banned from the kitchen as a teenager by his mother. His mother who died in a car accident with his father. A car accident who turned out to be a lie.

His parents death, he found out later was not an accident. And that's the reason why he became an agent at a very young age. It is so that he will be able to find out who killed his parents. And finding out, he did. It was a close friend of his parents.

" You did not burn the whole kitchen that time didn't you?"

" I did not! I was careful that time. Not the impulsive teenager I was before...why are you looking at me like that! I'm no longer impulsive! "

" I did not say anything. "

" Tsk. Your look says it all! "

Shen Yuan rolled her eyes.

" So, I guess the dish tastes bad since the young miss got a stomachache. " Shen Yuan said wanting to know the rest of it.

" It's not that actually. My Lan Zhan said it was good! *smiles* It was because of the chili powder  I poured on it! Haha. Who knew she can't handle a bit of spice! "