Chapter 18

Kneeling on the grass, Wei Ying stared heartbreakingly at the burning house. He doesn't know how many hours have passed since then.

Later, he noticed some people surround him. He thought it was his fellow agents telling him that they should go home. He was just planning to tell them off but turns out, it was Wen Qing, Nie Huaisang and Luo Qingyang. He was surprised for a bit. " How.. "

Suddenly he was hugged by Nie Huaisang and Luo Qingyang. They all started sobbing as if they were the husband whose wife died a sudden death. Later, Wen Qing would join them, only crying silently. She didn't join in the hug though she put a hand on Wei Wuxian's shoulder as a form of a comfort. Typical of her.

Laughing a bit, Wei Ying said, " How are you all sobbing? As far as I know, you weren't the one whose wife just died? Haha"

Pulling away from the hug, Luo Qingyang slapped his arm. " Ouch! That hurts Qingyang!"

And then another slap. Though this time, it was Nie Huaisang who slapped him.

" Hey! "

And then he felt another slap at the back of his head. " Qing Jie! Not you too!"

"Shut up Wei Wuxian. Stop trying to be strong for us. We know that you're far from it. You're hurting. And you deserve to mourn. Stop smiling if right now, you feel nothing but pain. " says Wen Qing, making the smile on Wei Wuxian's lips falter.

" Qing Jie..." he said as Wen Qing pulled him in her arms, hugging him. And there, Wei Ying finally let out a sob that he's been trying to conceal while he was alone.

His friends also cried with him joining in the hug. " Qing Jie, she's gone * sobs* she's gone! Along with our baby! What am I gonna do now? It hurts. It hurts so much Qing Jie.. *Sobs* "

" I know Wei Wuxian. I know. " Wen Qing replied as she patted Wei Yings back. A tear falling from her eyes.

~~~~~~~

Shen Yuan and a few entered the van. They all looked forlorn after the devastating circumstances that had just happened. Now they have no idea what they should do next. Should they call an ambulance? The police department? Or the fire fighters?

But as they remember four people mourning, they decided to let them mourn in silence first.

Sighing, Shen Yuan decided to pull off the wireless earphone from her ear. But before she can full pull it off, she sudddenly heard a cough followed by a cursing through the other line. Her eyes widened as her heart skipped a bit hearing it. Immediately, she turned to look at the people with her in the van. There, she saw that their eyes were a tad bit wide as well.

" Did you heard it? " she asked them for confirmation.

" Yes. "

Nodding, Shen Yuan decided to speak to the person on the other line. She put over a hand on the earphone, pressing it for her to hear more clearly. " Mr. Lan? Are you there? " she said with anticipation. " Please tell us where you are located. We'll come immediately. "

He might have been buried somewhere in the house right now. Hopefully so, he's not the only one who survived the bombing.

" Are the Lan Siblings with you as well? " she said, looking once again at her friends when she heard no response from the other side.

Thankfully, Lan Zu replied not long after. Coughing once more, he uttered " Yeah they're with me. We're behind the house right now. Hurry up. My children don't look very good right now. "

That must be it. Before the bombing, the Lan family must have decided to go out from the back door of the house. But then before they can fully go out, the bombing got them and they were sent flying out. It resulted to them fainting on the ground by the impact.