Chapter Thirty-Two

I have been scared before in my life, sure. Hell, I had every right to be with how I had been raised and abused and kicked at. But this? This was at a whole different level of terror. We were now surrounded by individuals who wanted nothing more to kill us, and with our only form of muscle nearly out of commission...we were as good as done for. And that terrified me. I wasn't sure why it scared me so much, considering I never really feared death before, but I couldn't help the way my heart clenched painfully in my chest, or how my body felt as if it was going to fall unconscious due to just fear. Was it because I was starting to enjoy myself, being away from the castle? Was that why I suddenly feared death?

I glanced at Cayden as he was yanked up by the female who had kicked him away from her, not too long ago, his face pinched with pain as blood seeped from his wounds. Making a move to step towards him, I was suddenly stopped and pulled against the chest of a large man, my arms caged behind me as these individuals waited on something. Suddenly, to my left, Terry made his appearance. His face was void of emotions, eyes cold and cruel as he regarded me with a stare as cold as ice, before turning his attention to Cayden, who glared at him as he gritted his teeth in pain.

Finally, he looked away from the brunet and made his way over to me, causing Cayden to stiffen as Terry grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "It amazes me how simpleminded you people can be. Did you really think you can escape me without me knowing about it?"

Not knowing really what to do, I spit at him; my saliva hitting its mark on his cheek before sliding down wetly. "I know of your plans, Terry. T-To rid the world of any royal blood. Why is that? Why kill even the innocent?" I winced as the man behind me tightened his grip. "What, do you think that you'll be the next to rule the kingdoms?"

I gasped as Terry smacked me, my cheek stinging as Cayden growled and attempted to escape. Which, he managed to do for only a moment before Ilikas drew back his bow and lodged another arrow in Cayden's leg, this time at the sensitive flesh of his upper thigh. He grunted and fell back to the ground. I struggled against the individual holding me, but he was indefinitely stronger than I was, so my attempts were pretty much in vain as Terry's lips quirked at the edges, as if he were amused.

He looked back towards me, completely ignoring my questions and accusations. "Why would you run, Davian? I was so nice to you; bringing you to my camp, giving you shelter and food in your belly. Hell, I even allowed your little...prince run around at the risk of him running and informing Alton's army of our whereabouts. And yet, you still try to escape. It baffles me, really." I stiffened as he stepped closer to me, his face merely a breath's away from mine. "What, is this little prince that satisfying in bed?"

"Bastard!" Cayden spat; his eyes full of rage as Terry glanced at him nonchalantly.

Terry then ignored him and turned his attention back towards me, the fae now brushing his lips against my ear, causing chills of disgust to flash through me. "You know, I could satisfy you much better than he can. I could make you beg me to keep going even after the day has passed. Make your legs feel as if they were liquified. I could make you see the heavens." He snorted and pulled away from my ear, his gaze meeting mine. "Hell, if you agree to help me run this rebellion by my side...I'll allow you to keep your little prince as your pet."

I could hear Cayden cursing in the background, his words hateful and spiteful towards the man in front of me. And while I wasn't really one to agree with calling someone such cruel names...I was inclined to agree with it in this instance. I mean, the audacity. Who the hell in their right mind would agree to such ludicrous terms?! I mean...taking Terry as a-a lover and keeping Cayden as a pet? I would rather spend an eternity in the fiery pits of Hell than ever go near this man in such a way.