Chapter 2 - Tongue Tied

I woke up to my alarm screaming me to wake up. I groaned loudly shoving a pillow over my face not wanting to hear the screaming sound my phone was making, but after a 2 minutes of this I grabbed my phone from beside my bed and turned off my alarm, it was 5.30 am.

I groaned once again and finally got out of bed, waking up before it was light outside should be a crime. I quietly made my was down my ladder and to the bathroom since no one wouldn't be up until 6am. I got ready washing my face and brushing my teeth. I wanted to make a good impression so I left my medium dark brown hair in its natural waves and added a little bit of mascara to my lashes.

I finished in the bathroom and went downstairs to get breakfast ready before everyone wakes up. I made eggs, bacon and pancakes. Just as I finished cooking I heard steps coming down the stairs. My aunt and Uncle walked in and sat down at the table. I walked over and placed down their coffee in-front of them as they both started reading the paper.

I one to clean up the cooking things when Ava came downstairs. "Where is the beans?" Ava shouted as if the end of the world was happening right here and now. I rolled my eyes and turned around to face her from across the room. "You guys didn't buy any last night and since I don't know how to pull stuff out of my ass I wasn't able to make them for you", I said glaring at her and her she looked back at me with fire in her eyes.

"Mother did you hear what she said to me?", she shouted stomping her foot on the ground as if she was 3 years old even though she was 17. My aunt turned around and glared at me giving me a warning that if I didn't shut my mouth I knew what would happen. I swallowed and put my head down quickly while turning back around to finish cleaning the counter.

Once I finished I ran upstairs to put on my uniform and grabbed my school bag to start walking to school. I was just about to head out the front door when my aunt called out to me. "Straight here after school, no stops or else. Got it?", she told me coldly. "Got it", I relied with the same coldness and practically ran out of the front door before she could respond for my attitude.

I didn't like my aunt and Ava, I did as I was told but ever now and again I gave them attitude I couldn't help it, it just came out.

It was a could mid October morning as I started walking to the school. It was a 30 minute walk but I didn't mind. I put in my headphones and turned on my favourite playlist and started the walk. Walking always gives me time to think so I liked it.

Ava drives to school but she doesn't want people to think we are related so she makes me walk to school. Oh well I could care less.

I finally arrived after 40 minutes, I ended up taking two wrong turns on the way here but then I saw some other kids walking in the same uniform and decided to just follow them. Not creepy at all.

I entered the school and saw that I had only 10 minutes before school started so I quickly looked around for a main office to get my timetable but had no luck. I guess someone saw me looking lost because a girl my age came up to me with a huge smile.

"hello I am Lucy, you must be new do you want me to help you?", she said holding out for me to shake. I shook her hand and smiled at her while nodding.

"Is it that obvious I am new?", I asked her as we walked dow the crowded hallway to the main office. Lucy shook her head and laughed softly "A little but its okay everyone gets lost on their first day", she said patting my shoulder gently.

We talked a little on the way to the office, she was my age and seemed very nice so I hope we can be friends.

I arrived to the office and knocked on the door twice before hearing someone shout enter. "I will wait here", Lucy said while giving me a small push towards the door.