Chapter 34 - Love

- There's always a glimmer in those who have been through the dark - 

A/N Do you like the new POV photo for Emilia, it shows her character development so far don't you think?

"Wow I didn't think the gym hall could be made this beautiful", I saw looking around the room at all the fairy lights and decorations, I heard everyone giggle behind me. "Welcome to private school sister", Aaron said wrapping an arm around me as I rolled my eyes.

"not everyone grew up rich", I said quietly but ig guess he heard because he gave me a quick squeeze. "Your not grown up get so you still have time to grow up rich", he said to me quietly and i'll admit that made me laugh. 

"Now me date is here so I better go if I want to get laid tonight", he said before rushing off with Rodrigo, Mario didn't come since he said he was 'too cool for this shit', he is too cool for a lot of things so I am used to it already. 

I looked around for Derek because he texted me that he was on his way here, "do you want to dance?", Jay asked me as Johnny and Lucy already went off together (they were each others date). I shook my head, "Im waiting for Derek", I said and he rolled his eyes. 

"My date isn't here yet neither and we are sitting here like assholes so let's go dance", he taking me arm and dragging me to the dance floor. 

We start to dance to the song "war of hearts", I am in love with this song, if I wasn't with Derek I would be wishing I had a love like this with someone, something like in the books I read. It sounds so fun and interesting, even though my life is interesting enough already.

"You look gorgeous tonight Em", Jay says as he spins me around and I feel my dress flutter out like a princess in movies. "Thank you J you don't look too bad yourself", I say and he smirks.

"You know I don't trust Derek", Jay says to me and I roll my eyes "we have been over this Jay he is not a bad guy and if he was my family would probably hang him", I say and I hear Jay mutter "literally", under his breath.

For some context, Jay told me a few weeks ago he didn't have a good feeling about Derek, they had met a few times at races and stuff but I told him not to worry about it. "My family trusts him and that's already a big thing", I say. 

"Em, your family doesn't trust him, they just do it for you".

I have to admit that stung a little but I hide it, I know Jay is only trying to protect me and in his own way this is how he thinks he's doing it so I cant really Balme him. "Look i'll make you a deal, i'll be careful around him alright?', I say and I hear him sign but eventually nod his head in agreement.

"Speak of the devil", he whispers to me and then spins me away from him, I am caught between another pair of hands. "Hello Em, you look beautiful tonight", Derek says and he leaves a kiss on my cheek. I feel my heart flutter.