000. just a kid

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

Livingston, Montana. 1988

    SERAPHEINA CASSIDY KNEW it was dangerous to sleep with one of the hunters her coven feared most but something about his hazel eyes drew her in. There was something dangerous about it, the look behind his eyes, the sheer fact that he was a hunter, the thrill of living on the edge. However cliché it may be, Seraphina was drawn in like a moth to a flame.

Seraphina Cassidy did not expect to end up pregnant with John Winchester's child. Seraphina was a natural born witch, magic most likely already weaving its way through the child's DNA. One of Seraphina's greatest strengths was her connection to nature, and in turn, life. It was faint, but she could feel the infant and had fallen in love with it the minute she felt its energy.

She didn't know why she decided to tell him, in hindsight it was a terrible idea. Telling a hunter you, a witch, were pregnant with his child was bound to end horribly. Maybe it was the hormones that made her foolish, believing just for a second John would stay and help her with the baby. She was wrong.

He wanted to kill the baby. She pleaded with him, begging him to let her keep the child. It was innocent, harmless, she wouldn't even teach it magic. In that moment, tears in her eyes, hand wrapped protectively over her stomach, Seraphina Cassidy reminded John of Mary. It was because of that, he made a deal he would always regret. Seraphina gives up the name of the coven member wreaking havoc on the town and John would spare her and the child. Of course, Seraphina accepted.

It wasn't until he was halfway to the next case that the full extent of what happened hit him. He had a child, a witch. He let them go. He let a monster go. Slamming on the gas, John turned and headed straight back to Livingston. By the time he got there, the mother and child were gone. He'd lost them, an act he would regret for the rest of his life.

・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・

Westford, Massachusetts. 2005

ELEANOR CASSIDY DIDN'T know there was such a thing as magic. She didn't know about the creatures that go bump in the night; and she definitely didn't know about the spell her mother had put up to keep her hidden from hunters.

Her mother knew if she wasn't careful she and her daughter would be found by hunters. Seraphina was always around, terrified of what would happen to Eleanor if she left. It wasn't until Eleanor was seventeen and emergency arose with an old friend that Seraphina left her daughter home alone for the weekend.

Like any seventeen year old when their parents go away, Eleanor threw a party. Unbeknownst to her, during the party the protection spell jar Seraphina had hidden in her bathroom was broken.