002. angel of the lord

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

      ELEANOR DROPS THE half finished cigarette on the ground and stamps it out with a small frown as the boys round the stairs from Sam's motel room.

      "She's about four hours down the Interstate. Try to keep up." Bobby tells them, getting into his car.

        Sam grins at Dean. "I assume you'll want to drive." He takes the keys out of his pocket and tosses them to Dean, who catches them easily.

      "Oh! I almost forgot!" Dean walks over to the Impala and has a very odd reunion with it, causing Eleanor to roll her eyes as she gets in the back seat.

      Dean gets in the driver's side and puts the keys into the ignition but pauses when he sees an iPod plugged into the stereo. He glares at Sam, who was happily getting into the passenger seat. "What the hell is that?" Dean asks accusingly.

      "That's an iPod jack, old man." Eleanor speaks up from the back seat.

      Dean glares at her through the rear view mirror. "You were supposed to take care of her, not douche her up!"

      "Dean, I thought it was my car." Sam tries to reason.

Dean sighs and starts the car. "Vision" by Jason Manns started to play. Dean rolls his eyes and glares at his siblings again, looking like someone murdered his best friend. "Really?"

Sam shrugs innocently. Dean rips the iPod out of the jack and tosses it in the back seat. It hits Eleanor in the head and she lets out a small groan. "That's a good song!" Eleanor protests. "And you hit me in the head!"

"I know you're new here, Rigby, so here's the deal: driver picks the music, everyone else shuts their cakeholes." Dean tells her, looking at his sister through the rear view mirror as he puts in a cassette tape.

         She wouldn't admit it, but Eleanor was secretly pleased with the nickname.

      Sam and Dean talk quietly, Eleanor spacing out as she watched the stars from the window. The conversation seemed to take a turn for the worse, and soon Sam was looking out the window, brooding.

・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・

     IT WAS MIDDAY by the time they got to the psychic's house. They knock on the door, and pretty woman with long brown hair and a ready smile opens it. "Bobby!" she exclaims, pulling him into a hug and briefly lifting him off the ground.