012. opposite day

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

"IT'S LILITH. SHE'S coming for Sam," Chuck told them. He paced his living room, cup of whiskey in one hand, manuscript in the other.

All three siblings paled. "Coming to kill him?" Dean asks, voice harsh despite the low volume.

Chuck didn't answer. "When?" Sam was less harsh than Dean, though no less anxious.

The writer swallows. "Tonight," he admits.

"She's just gonna show up? Here?" Dean questions.

Chuck sits on the couch, setting his drink aside and putting on his glasses. "Uh... let's see, uh," he looks down at the manuscript and begins to read, "Lilith patted the bed seductively. Unable to deny his desire, Sam succumbed, and they sank into the throes of fiery demonic passion."

"You're kidding me, right?" Sam laughs, hoping to God it was all a joke. He wished this was a dream, or some big practical joke his siblings were playing on him. He wouldn't put it past him, they had a habit of teaming up to drive him insane. Like messing with his laptop or putting glitter in his shampoo. But deep down, he knew. This was real.

"You think this is funny?" His brother whirled on him, the suspicion and distrust Sam was getting so tired of hearing from him dripping from his words.

"You don't? I mean, come on. 'Fiery demonic passion'?"

"I know way too much about both of your sex lives because of these stupid books," Eleanor says under her breath.

"It's just a first draft," Chuck tells them cautiously.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait," Dean holds out a hand, "Lilith is a little girl."

"Yeah, isn't she like, eight, or something?" Eleanor asks.

"No, uh, this time she's a 'comely dental hygienist from Bloomington, Indiana.'"

"Great. Perfect," Dean huffs. "So what happens after the... 'fiery demonic' whatever?"

He sighs gently. "I don't know, it hasn't come to me yet." He looked at Dean nervously, as if he was scared the oldest Winchester would lash out at him.

"Dean, look, there's nothing to worry about. Lilith and me? In bed?" Sam scoffs.

Dean turns to glare at Sam but continues to question Chuck. "How does this whole psychic thing of yours work?"

"You mean my process?"

He rolls his eyes. "Yes, your 'process.'"

He told them about his "process," which consisted of a terrible headache and a dream about their lives. Dreams that didn't stop. They just kept flowing until he wrote them down.

Dean stands and walks over to Chuck. "Look, why don't we just..." The author wordlessly hands him the manuscript. "Take a look at these and see what's what-" he pauses and his gaze lands on the man in front of him, as if realizing what just happened. "You..."