003. chick flick moments

❛ ━━━━━━・ ❪ ☆ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

       THE CAR RIDE from the warehouse to the motel was the longest of Eleanor's life. ( and she had driven sixteen hours from New York to Indiana. ) Dean's silence was deafening. She could hear all the things he wanted to say. Things like this is why I didn't want you to go and I told you to stay outside and you could have died!

       Part of her just wished he would yell at her, at least then she could argue back. Instead, the car was simply filled with tense silence.

Of course, all hell broke loose when they returned to the motel room. Sam was back, sitting on one of the beds and typing away on his laptop.

"What the hell were you thinking, Eleanor?" Dean accuses, closing the door behind them. Sam looks up at them, suddenly uninterested in his research.

"I told you to stay outside! You could have gotten hurt," Dean continues. "This is why you shouldn't be hunting in the first place. You're just a kid, you should have a normal life!" Eleanor goes to interrupt him but he continues to lecture her. "You need to go back to NYU. You have a good life going, don't screw it up with all this monster bullshit. You shouldn't be -"

      Anger bubbled in Eleanor's blood as Dean continued to lecture her. Eventually, she snapped. "Enough! Okay? You didn't want me in this life but guess what, I'm already in it. You can't make decisions for me like you do for Sam. You barely even know me." Dean begins to protest but Eleanor holds up a hand to stop him.

       "I've been fine for nineteen years. I've felt like my life was meaningless but saving people and hunting monsters? I feel like I've finally figured out what I was meant to do. I wanted to become a doctor to save people, but I can do so much more as a hunter. You can't stop me, if you don't want me with you, fine. I'll go on my own or find someone else to hunt with. I know the risks, I've made my choice."

Dean could have sworn he saw her eyes take on a purple hue, but the glow was gone in an instant, so he chalked it up to a trick of the light.

     "Eleanor, you can't just throw your life away!" Dean argues.

      "It's mine to throw away!" Her voice was high and filled with anger. She lets out a humorless laugh. "And that's funny coming from you, sacrificing yourself and making a demon deal that sent you to hell for four months and leaving everyone to pick up the pieces! Leaving me to pick up the pieces," her voice breaks.

      "Ellie . . ." Ever the mediator, Sam tries to calm his siblings.

       "Don't call me that, it makes me sound like a middle schooler. Just forget it, okay?" She grabs her jacket. Her nerves were on fire, screaming at her to argue, do something, anything to scratch the itch. The door slams behind her as she pulls on her jacket, walking into the night. Her blood felt electric, buzzing with something dark and violent.