10. Concert Day

The day of the BTS Valentine's Day concert was obviously the best day of Ruby's life. It was evident to Ame as she stood in front of her closet. Tunes from the BTS repitoure flooded the apartment as she heard her sister singing out all the English bits (and impressively some of the Korean too) as she no doubt vandalized her own closet looking for the right outfit. Ame wasn't going to put as much thought into her own appearance. She was going to dress nice, but she wasn't about to try on every outfit in her wardrobe like Ruby.

"What do you think about this?" Ame asked Charming who sat in his bunny cage at the foot of her bed eating a bunny treat that she had placed in there earlier.

Charming watched Ame as his little mouth moved to eat the treat but - of course - being a bunny he was unable to answer Ame as she stood there holding a sparkly golden shirt.

"You're right," said Ame as if Charming had the best fashion taste in the world. Pulling the shirt away from her a bit to study it, she soon scrunched up her nose like a bunny. "I'd look like some sort of disco ball."

Sighing, she shoved the shirt back into the closet. She didn't know why she was so stressed about this. She supposed that it was mainly because she wasn't really a concert person. Ame didn't really like to attend large social gatherings of any sort. It kicked in her claustrophobia. Already she could feel her chest tighten at the thought of being surrounded by so many people all clamoring for the seven hot men on the stage.

Hot men. She smirked at her own thought process. Ruby must be rubbing off on her a bit.

"AH!" Ame exclaimed as she paused in her flicking through her wardrobe.

She dug out a simple red looking top. The entire fabric looked smooth like it was made of satin, but it wasn't. The sleeves came down about halfway on each arm before curving delicately back up to the shoulder like a twisty wave. It was simple, but very sophisticated looking. It had been a piece she had picked up off a department store's clearance rack one time, and she had only worn it maybe one other time. As Ame pulled it out of the closet, she looked it over and noticed the tag still sticking out of the armpit. Well, it looked like she had never worn it before. She supposed now was as good a time as any to christen the article of clothing. Besides, with a pair of navy blue jeans, it would look rather nice.

Walking towards the small desk in her room, Ame grabbed up a pair of scissors to remove the tag before changing into the outfit she had picked out. Moving to stand in front of her full length mirror that was leaning up against the wall by her closet, she examined herself. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear as she sighed and nodded her head. She looked good enough, and where it was a Valentine's Day concert, red was just the color to wear.

"Wish me luck, Charming," said Ame as she turned to look at the bunny. "You're lucky that you get to stay home."

She took a deep breath to settle her nerves before walking out of her room and towards Ruby's room. Ruby still had her door firmly shut; BTS music still filling the air. Ame brought up a hand and pounded on the door.

"RUBY! We have to get going soon! Are you almost done?"

It was then that the music came to a stop. Ame could hear a bit of rustling behind the door before Ruby eventually opened the door to look at her. It was obvious from the instant that Ame laid eyes on her that Ruby had put more effort into her appearance than she had. Ruby was wearing a bright purple shirt and black dress pants. She had her hair twisted into a bun on the top of her head, and had put on makeup that made every inch of her face glow. Ruby could tell that Ame was just staring at her to study her, so she started to blush.

"I wanted to look good for V," Ruby whispered softly.

Ame smiled softly, nodding her head.

"I think you look perfect, Ruby," said Ame. "Are you ready to get going? We need to be at the venue soon."

"I'm ready, I think," said Ruby.

Ruby was about to leave her room when she paused, quickly re-entering it and reappearing before Ame a moment later with one of the photos of V she had the other day.

"Now I'm ready," confirmed Ruby with a smile.

Ame smiled too, shaking her head. After making sure that Charming would be settled enough while they were gone for the evening, the two of them left their apartment. As Ame locked it, she almost collided with a mover that was leaving the apartment right across the hall. Mr. Currier was a man in his mid-fifties who had lived across the hall from Ame ever since she had moved to her apartment five years ago. He had recently taken up a job in a different city, and had been working on moving out for the last week or so. Ame hadn't minded him as a neighbor. He mostly kept to himself, and had even once paid for her pizza delivery when she had been low on funds.

"I still can't believe he's moving," said Ruby as they watched one of the movers Mr. Currier hired walked down the stairs ahead of them and outside the building. "I wonder who our new neighbor will be."

"No clue," said Ame as the two of them walked down the stairs and outside into the mid-afternoon sun. "I don't really care.

"Maybe it will be some hot guy that you can finally date," teased Ruby.

Ruby was constantly teasing Ame like that. It was what sisters were for. Ruby had gone on a date or two since moving in with Ame, but Ame hadn't been on one since she had broken up with her fiancé a year ago today. Ame just had a hard time putting herself back out there. Her heart had been broken, and it made her feel unwanted. Her fiancé had been with her for five years, and had ultimately grown tired of her. She felt like there was no one that would stick around her and her quirks. Perhaps she wasn't worth it.

Shaking her head, she didn't want to dwell on such thoughts. Even though she wasn't a BTS stan like Ruby, she still wanted to enjoy tonight the best she could. The two of them walked towards the small apartment parking lot where Ame's rusty brown Chevrolet Malibu sat. Unlocking it, the two of them got in, and began to drive towards the concert venue.

"Do you have the tickets?" asked Ruby as they pulled out onto the main road.

"Right here," said Ame, waving them at Ruby. She had grabbed them off the counter before she had left along with a small black clutch.

"Can I hold them?"

Ruby acted as if the tickets were made of gold. Ame chuckled as she nodded her head. The tickets were quickly snatched from her hand as Ruby eyed them with a gleam of excitement in her eyes.

"I can't believe my dream to meet them is finally coming true!"

Ame was happy for Ruby. She hoped that this was one of the best nights of Ruby's life.

"Ohh!" squealed Ruby. "Tonight will be a good night!"

Ame just nodded her head as she drove along the road. Ame certainly could hope that would be the case. She was sure that, that would be the case for Ruby, but she wasn't sure the same could be said for herself. Ame supposed only time would tell.