19. Grocery Store Stakeout

"This is absolutely ridiculous. We look like we're some weird stalkers. That or we're about to rob the place."

"Shut up and just pretend to look at the carrots."

Jungkook desperately wanted to say something more when Taehyung shoved an awkwardly shaped orange carrot his way. Jungkook stared at the vegetable oddly in his hand as he worried about one of the shoppers in the store calling the authorities. He couldn't help but to worry. After all, they had been getting odd looks once in a while for staying in the same section of the vegetable department for well over an hour.

"What am I even suppose to do if and when I see her? I may not even recognize her."

"Ask her about the..."

"If you mention these carrots," said Jungkook as he interrupted Taehyung's talk to point the carrot at him. "I will spear you with this."

"Ouch."

The two of them had been so engaged in talking that neither of them had realized that they were being watched. Freddi stood near the front of the store near a cart of items she was supposed to be restocking the shelves with. That should have been what Freddi was concerning herself with doing. Instead, she couldn't keep her eyes off the two covered up men that had shown up in the store shortly after it opened. She recognized one of them as the one she cashed out the other day. He was back, and he brought a friend.

Freddi
Where is your sister?

Ruby
She called out sick.
Is something wrong?

Freddi
The creep from yesterday is here
He brought a plus one.
They've been eyeing the vegetables for the last hour.
Who does that?

Ruby
They could be harmless.

Freddi
🤦‍♀️
This is why I'm the muscles in this relationship.

Ruby
Freddi...
Stop.
What are you going to do?
Freddi?

Freddi

RubyFreddi, no!FREDDI YOU CAN'T JUST NOT ANSWER ME NOW!

Ruby
Freddi, no!
FREDDI YOU CAN'T JUST NOT ANSWER ME NOW!

Freddi tucked her phone away, hearing the ping of Ruby's messages. No doubt Ruby was spamming her phone in an attempt to get Freddi to stop. Freddi had already made up her mind though. She had promised to protect Ame, but Ame was like a big sister to her too. No one messed with family. Grabbing up a broom that leaned against the wall nearest to her, she gripped it in her hands and marched straight for the two covered up weirdos in the vegetable section.

- - -

Ruby sighed when she saw that her texts to Freddi were going unanswered. She loved Freddi, but Freddi was very protective of those she cared about. If Freddi thought that these two men were a threat to Ame, Ruby was scared for them. They didn't want to mess with a riled up Freddi.