38. Feelings Take Flight

"Well look at you!"

Ruby exited the apartment building to see Taehyung already waiting outside. Jungkook hadn't been kidding when he said they were going to be dressed like twins. The only difference between them was that Taehyung currently had a black bucket hat over his head with his tinted shades and face mask. Ruby felt her cheeks heating up as she walked over to him.

"I was told we dressed similar today."

"It's not a bad thing," said Taehyung as he moved to follow after her to the parking lot. "Great minds think alike. That's the saying, isn't it?"

She just nodded her head as they reached the car. Not so long ago she was riding in this car to meet him at a concert, and now she was riding around in the car with him. Ruby held the keys out to him to offer to let him drive. Taehyung immediately shook his head.

"I'd like it if you drive. You know the area better anyway."

Ruby slipped into the driver's seat without any further discussion as Taehyung slipped into the passenger side. As Ruby started the car, she noticed Taehyung dig his phone out again after he had buckled up.

"Jimin is rather impatient," he said with a soft chuckle as Ruby backed up and started to drive towards the airport.

"Sorry. I will try to get there as soon as I can."

"Ruby, you have no need to say sorry. I am thankful for your help," he said. "Jimin can learn how to be patient."

Ruby nodded her head as she drove in silence. Taehyung finished texting Jimin that they were on the way before looking over at Ruby, wondering why she was so unusually quiet.

"Are you okay?" asked Taehyung.

"Yeah."

"Because you can be honest with me. I don't bite."

Ruby smiled softly, looking over at him for a brief moment before looking back at the road.

"I just...I have wanted to meet you for so long. I thought going to the concert was my one and only chance to meet you, and now we are riding around in a car together. I just...I feel undeserving. Sorry if that sounds weird."

"I...it's not weird," said Taehyung, "but realize I am just the same as you. I'm just a male is all."

She chuckled.

"What?" He said with a chuckle of his own. "What is so funny?"

"Just a male. You are too humble. You are..."

"I'm what?"

'Handsome,' she wanted to say. Instead she said out loud, "A talented singer."

"I bet you can sing too."

"No, I can't. I have been told I sound like a banshee."

"By whom?"

"People."

"Pfft. I don't believe that," said Taehyung, leaning forward to switch on the radio.

Soon a song flooded the interior of the car. Taehyung perked up in his seat, dramatically clearing his throat before purposefully singing off key. Ruby laughed right out loud at that. Ruby's laughter made Taehyung grin as he continued.

"Come on," he said, stopping his off key melody. "Join me!"

She laughed for a moment more before deciding to sing softly. It was so softly Taehyung knew he probably wouldn't have heard it if he wasn't intently listening for it.

'Her voice is just like her,' he thought. 'Timid but just right.'

- - -