37. Brushing Up

"Thank you for bringing something over for Charming to wear," said Ame when Jungkook stepped through her apartment door thirty minutes after the last text had been sent between them, shutting the door behind him.

Jungkook had shown up dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a black Puma hoodie. The sunglasses were currently on the top of his mess of black hair as he looked at her, extending the shirt as if it were some sort of peace offering. If Jungkook was willing to be a friend and help, she wouldn't say no. She needed a man around now to help her with Charming anyway. The more time that passed in Charming's presence, the more that Ame realized that he really didn't know what to do.

"Where is he?" asked Jungkook.

"In the bathroom getting ready," she said, nodding her head down the hall. "Do you think you could take the shirt and go see if you could help him?"

Jungkook didn't say anything for a moment before nodding his head. Keeping the plaid shirt in hand, he walked down the hall and almost collided with Ruby as she emerged from her room.

"Oh Jungkook! I'm sorry!"

"You're fine, Ruby," he said. "Good morning by the way. You heading out with Taehyung?"

"Yes," she said.

Ruby had changed into a pair of tan pants and a gray oversized sweatshirt. She hadn't bothered to do much to her hair besides tying it back into a ponytail with a red scrunchie. She wanted to be comfortable but not be dressed over the top. She didn't want to make Taehyung feel uncomfortable like she was idolizing him even though she couldn't help the way she felt.

"You and he are twins," Jungkook remarked as he stepped past her down the hall. "You dressed really similar today."

"Should I change?" She asked as she looked after Jungkook as he walked off.

"Nah. He'll love that you two share the same fashion sense," said Jungkook as he stopped outside the bathroom door, knocking on it.

Ruby moved to walk towards Ame, and Ame could see the flush of pride that was on her face at Jungkook's comment.

"I'm borrowing the car if that's okay," said Ruby.

"That's fine. We were going to walk anyway," said Ame as she watched Ruby grab the car keys out of the bowl by the door.

Ruby turned to look behind her shoulder to see that Jungkook had disappeared behind the bathroom door. Satisfied that he wasn't within hearing range, she narrowed her gaze on her sister.

"Be nice to him, Ame. Alright? Get to know him some."

"And why should I? He's just going to disappear in the end anyway."

And there was the truth of the matter. Ame was worried about letting her walls down because she was afraid of being hurt again by another man. Ruby looked her sister over with a passive expression on her face as she chose her next words carefully.

"I think Jungkook is one of those men that will always come back in the end. You will never know if you don't open up."

"Wonderful bit of advice there," said Ame with an eye roll. "But yes. I agreed to be his friend, so I will try."