52. Wishlist

"Charming, you know we don't have to pack all this into one day, right?"

After Ame had eaten the egg that she had helped to prepare, Charming started to tell her all the things he wanted to do with her today. They were walking down the street together as Ame dug out her phone to open the list she had typed of everything Charming had said he wanted to do.

"I know," said Charming, "But I want to. I think we have time."

Ame looked over the list that she had typed in her phone, trying to review it to see if they indeed had time for everything.

"Well, lets see. You want to try ice cream, learn to roller skate, go to a movie, try working a job,..."

"The job is a practical one," insisted Charming, "Especially since I'm a human."

"You're in luck with that one seeing as I have to work part of the afternoon shift," said Ame. "I just...I don't know if we'll have time for everything."

"Just make time for what you can," said Charming.

"Okay," said Ame, "But keep in mind that just because we don't do it today doesn't mean we won't do it another. Don't treat this like a bucket list. We will have other days."

"What's a bucket list?"

"It's a list of things someone wants to do before they die," said Ame.

'Well, this relationship is about to be dead,' thought Charming. 'Does that count?'

When they arrived at the grocery store, they were met by another member of staff at the register that didn't look enthused to be there on a weekend. Freddi wasn't working today and Charming was thankful. He didn't want to worry that he could get pelted by oranges if he made some sort of mistake.

After getting permission from her boss to let Charming work her shift with her, Ame handed Charming an apron. Charming looked at the apron in his hands for a moment and at the loop where his head was supposed to slip through. Ame slipped hers on and Charming watched how she did it, trying to imitate her to the best of his ability. Thankfully he managed to figure it out relatively quick.

The work shift went by faster than Charming would have liked, but he felt that he did actually learn a few skills. He had several blunders with Ame. The most memorable blunder was when he was trying to help her set up a toilet paper display in the middle of one of the aisles. He had accidentally elbowed part of the stack when he was trying to bring his hand back, knocking the whole thing down. They worked the registers together towards the end of the shift. A few customers came over to Ame while they worked at the register, wondering if she was Panic Girl. It irritated Charming for Ame's sake seeing what it did to her. At one point - right before they were both about to leave for the day - yet another person came over and asked Ame that.

"She has a name," said Charming as he put an arm about Ame's shoulders. "Can you read the name tag?"

Ame's face colored with a blush as the bewildered teenager stared from Charming to the name tag that he was currently pointing out that was pinned to Ame's work apron.

"What about you?" asked the teenager, turning to Charming then as she pointed at his name tag less apron. "Are you Panic Girl then?"

"Nope. I'm just Charming," said Charming with a wide smile.

"Loser," said the teenager before walking off; Ame laughing as she did.

"What's wrong with her? I just told her the truth."

"Charming isn't a name that humans call themselves," said Ame as she began to close down her register; Charming taking his arm down from about her shoulders. "She probably thought that you were being super egotistical."