13. Making A Move

Later that night, Jungkook stared up at the ceiling above him. Sleep was eluding him completely. Jungkook was only able to shut his eyes for a few minutes at a time before what had happened after the concert with that woman replayed itself in his mind again. He had been interacting with some of the VIP members when he had noticed a woman being swallowed up by the crowd. None of the security guards seemed to notice her, nor did the rest of the boys. It was almost as if the woman was invisible to everyone's eyes but his own.

The look he had seen in the woman's eyes when she had looked at him for the brief second before the guard had come between them was burned in his memory. He had seen that look before. The fear. The heartache. The hope.

Sighing, Jungkook sat up in bed, running a hand through his hair. Every time he closed his eyes he was back there in that moment. He couldn't understand why he couldn't shake it. It was as if they had played similar roles once before.

Throwing his legs out of the bed, he grabbed his cell phone that he had left on the bedside dresser. He turned the flashlight app on, and used it to tip-toe gently out of the room so as not to wake Jin. Jin was sound asleep on the other bed in the room, snoring lightly.

The main room was empty - the other two bedroom doors shut soundly. As Jungkook used the flashlight app to light his path on the way towards the kitchen, he noticed a movement out of the corner of his eye. He was too late in realizing that the movement was actually a pillow being thrown in his direction. Jungkook let out an 'oof', the pillow knocking him somewhat off balance and making him stumble into the wall.

"Kookie?"

Jungkook looked over to the couch at who had chucked the projectile to see that it was none other than Taehyung. Taehyung sat up from his sprawled position on his back on the couch, looking Jungkook's way. Jungkook had forgotten for a moment that it was Taehyung's turn to sleep either on the couch or the cot. It was apparent that he had chosen the couch.

"You scared the life out of me, Jungkook!" said Taehyung. "I was having a dream about a burglar and next thing I know, I hear footsteps."

"Well, you have quite the aim," said Jungkook as he rubbed the arm that had gotten hit by the pillow, "and quite the strength behind your throw."

"What are you doing up?"

"I couldn't sleep," said Jungkook.

He turned away from Taehyung to continue towards the kitchen, knowing that the other was likely to follow.

"Why?"

"Tae..." sighed Jungkook as he opened the fridge, staring into the cold lit interior. He was exhausted even if he couldn't sleep, and he didn't feel like an impromptu therapy session no matter how well intended it would be.

Taehyung didn't say anything, but could see the younger's shoulders heave up and down. Without a word, Taehyung moved to grip Jungkook gently by the shoulders. He directed him towards one of the bar stools at the island in the kitchen.

"Sit. Let Chef Tae whip you up his speciality! On the house!"

"Tae. I don't..."

"Shhh! You must not disturb the master at work."

Jungkook put his phone down on the island, shutting off the flashlight app as Taehyung flicked on the light over the stove, beginning to rummage through the cupboards for whatever food was around. With them all parting ways on their month off tomorrow and it being the last day in this hotel suite, the pickings were slim. Jungkook knew that Taehyung was trying to cheer him up, and no matter how irritable he was because he was tired, he did appreciate it.