Chapter 2

I was following Yuuka because I might get lost when we entered the Schale building. Although, one thing bothered me. Why did Yuuka, and some of the people I passed by that were girls, mostly students, had a Halo on their head?

I had no answer, and I decided to put off the thought for now.

As we entered the building, I controlled the urge to sightsee and explore, and continued to follow Yuuka. I could already tell that the areas of the building were large from a glance, as I saw various facilities just by passing through.

"The place we're heading to is the Main office. I'll let you sightsee once I verify your identity. For now, hold off from straying too far." Yuuka said, and I nodded. She gave me a smile for my understanding.

We soon arrived at the main office, and I immediately recognized the person clacking at his keyboard while fully focused on the computer. The main office was quite spacious and there were a variety of things that makes up an office. Though what caught my attention the most, other than my brother, was the gun that was hanging on the wall. It was a rifle, bolt-action but has a modern design, looks sleek and it was one of my favorite guns. The Kar98k. Although it was suppose to be an old gun, I didn't expect it could be turned into a modern one, so I was surprised.

At the corner of his eyes, he spotted both of us. As soon as we entered, he came to a halt, and turned to both of us.

"Hm...? Is that who I think it is...?" He stood up from his chair, and I took off the cover of my hoodie. His black hair and crimson red eyes were fairly noticeable, and he was a few meters taller than me.

"It's been a long time now, Kuro-niisan. I'm glad to see you're in good health, though please refrain from staring at a computer screen too much. Your eyes will strain." I said to him, before giving him a faint smile.

"Yuuki?! You're finally here!" He immediately pulled me into a hug as I approached him, although, it was rather tight. Regardless, I reciprocated it.

"Kuro-nii, it's hard to breathe..." I said, and he slowly loosened his grip on me.

"I missed you so much! How many years has it been?! How are you? Are you eating well? How do I say this... but did you get cuter?!" His reaction was understandable since I was just a little kid when she took me with her, and got separated from him. He soon separated from me, and I staggered a bit as I backed off, before giving him a wry smile.

"Talk about a doting big brother, sensei." Yuuka said with a smile. "Now that you mention it, it's the first time I've seen his facial features. I didn't know he had white hair, moreover, the hue of his eyes is sapphire blue. He doesn't resemble you too much, huh? Not that it's bad thing." Yuuka puts a hand to her chin in thought as she described me.

"I know! He's quite the looker right?!" Kuro-nii turned to Yuuka, who had a serious expression as she was describing me. "Yeah, especially his white hair. I like the color of it, it suits him, and it compliments his blue eyes." She said.

Her reply made both of us silent, and she soon realized what she just had said, turning into a blushing mess shortly.

"Um... how do I say this... no one else has ever complimented me besides my brother. So uh... thank you very much." I said, turning to the side to hide my embarrassment while scratching my cheek.

Kuro approached Yuuka and whispered: "He is a person who's weak to compliments, and you're lucky to see him display a lot of emotions." Kuro said to Yuuka who became mildly confused.

"What do you mean, sensei?" Yuuka couldn't help but ask.

"When the right time comes, I'll tell you. For now, consider him the newest member of Schale. Don't worry, I'll take care of the paperwork." Yuuka understood that it wasn't wise to pry about someone else's life, so she decided to let the topic go and nodded in approval.