Chapter 12

"Get into position, everyone! We're not just dealing with one monster, but also the minions that have awakened with it. We need to cover every corner of the city with groups of students while we hold back the boss! Decragrammation!" Serika commanded the students who were lined up outside the Abydos building, numbering a little over 100.

"I know it seems presumptuous to act like we're in charge, but we all live here, have our schools in Abydos, and it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call it our home. The monster named Decragrammation is threatening to destroy our home!" Nonomi added, trying to persuade the students who had gathered at the school of Abydos.

However, the other students weren't convinced by their words, and the area was becoming increasingly noisy. Some were arguing, some were eager for a fight, and some even had their guns aimed at each other. Perhaps, due to their feelings of hopelessness to the point they were baring their fangs at each other.

"What do we do, Ayane? They're not listening to us at all." Nonomi said, touching the earphone on her ear.

"I knew this wouldn't work. What was Yuuki thinking, making us gather all these hopeless students when we can deal with Decragrammation ourselves?" Serika grumbled in annoyance, directing her frustration towards Ayane. "And what is he doing? He's just sitting in his office barking orders at us while he gets to safety!"

Unbeknownst to her, Shiroko had overheard her words and gritted her teeth, silently praying for Yuuki's safety.

"Even if you say that, the minions of Decragrammation are circling all around Abydos, and we aren't enough to fend off hundreds of them! Besides, do you even know where Schale's branch is located?" Ayane asked Serika, her tone tinged with anger.

"I don't. Does it matter anyway?" Serika replied, her displeased tone still evident.

"It's located at the corner of the barrier he set up, so he's the nearest at the barrier he concocted, meaning he's in more danger than us. Tell me, does it still not matter to you? He's been assigned as our commander given Sensei's absence, and he's the one who kept giving me accurate orders to the point that this many students gathered here." As Ayane spoke, Shiroko's ear twitched in surprise, and she listened intently to their conversation.

"Huh? I didn't know that..." Serika said, the displeasure in her voice disappearing upon hearing what Yuuki had done for them.

"Serika, please don't badmouth him. Not in these trying times. He's also struggling to keep all of us safe while putting himself at risk." Ayane pleaded with Serika.

"Why did he even go there? He could've just worked with you here, right?" Serika asked Ayane, now concerned for Yuuki's safety.

"I already asked him that, and he told me that Schale's Abydos Branch has better facilities than the one in Abydos, so he can work more efficiently there." Ayane explained to Serika.

Shiroko was worried about Yuuki being alone in Schale's Abydos Branch, as he was a normal human and could easily die without anyone to protect him. However, she knew she had to focus on the matter at hand and couldn't do much about it.

"I agree, we should send someone to check on him." Serika said, her tone concerned.

"I already offered, but he insisted it was unnecessary. Still, given the circumstances, it would be best if we sent someone to look after him." Ayane replied.

"Exactly, we can't risk something happening to him." Serika added.

The question of who should go was raised, and Ayane suggested Serika should be the one. But before she could finish her sentence, Shiroko interrupted with a serious look on her face.