CHAPTER 49

Two days before the competition. I haven’t recovered to my full potential but I am getting there. My legs are getting better, thanks to whatever that inyanga did because I was out 99% of the time during the consultation or the healing process. I can walk now and I can talk properly. My voice is back but still rough around the edges. The only solution my team came up with was that Nyezi will be the one entering the singing category instead of me because she also has an amazing voice like mine.

I was brought back to the Buthelezi household. All my brothers have been catering to all my needs. Even if I say I want a KFC twister or Spur ribs or a Big Mac, they make things happen. Sethulo has been avoiding me ever since we came back. Somnyama is actually the one who has been keeping me company and talking to me, weird right?

Anyways one of the guards makes his way in. he greets me with a smile and I respond.

“Nkosazana, someone is here to see you. Your fiancé.” He says and I nod. My phone is at home, so I haven’t contacted anyone in over 24 hours. I communicated with Izimbali Zomhlaba via Nyezi.
“You can let him in.” the guard nods before heading out.

I sit up straight and cover my legs with a throw. That’s my life now. Being shy about my body because of someone else’s work. People are evil out there. After a few minutes, Siza walks in. he looks around and quickly rush to me. He kneels before me and hugs me tight. I moan in pain and he lets go of me.

“What’s wrong?” he asks and I shake my head with a smile.
“How are you doing?” he frowns. “Come on, sit next to me and tell me how you have been.” I pat on the seat next to me and he takes it. “Now what did I miss?” he chuckles.
“You are playing it cool, like you didn’t just ghost me for 2 days.” He says with a smile but I can see emotional pain behind it. I sigh.

“I was bewitched. I think you have probably figured that out. My legs are awful and you can hear how hoarse my voice is. The person who did this, intended on me not participating on the competition.”

“Can I see?” I frown.
“My legs?” he nods. “But…”

“You are my fiancé and my future wife. I am entitled to know everything about you. The good, the bad and the ugly. Now show me your legs.” I swallow hard and uncover my legs. His eyes pop out as he sinks into the floor and brings his face closer to them. He touches one of the healing blaster with his index finger and I flinch. “Does it hurt?” I nod. “Who did this to you? Does this mean you won’t be able to compete?” I give him a fake smile and shake my head. I know who did this but I am not going to tell him. I know he can blow things out of proportion if he can.

“I don’t know who did this. The healer I went to is no miracle worker and I know I won’t be strong enough for ukugida, so I have just told myself that I won’t be competing. Trust me, it’s a hard pill to swallow but there is nothing I can do.” he sighs and goes back to his seat. I cover my legs. He brings me closer to him and we cuddle.
“You are going to be fine. Everything is going to be okay.”

SETHULO
He knew he had to talk to her, sooner or later. But he didn’t like to delay the inevitable. After what happened to his sister, he wasn’t okay and he somehow blamed himself for all of this. because if he didn’t date his sister’s enemy, maybe her enemies wouldn’t have known much about her and it wouldn’t have been easy to bewitch her. His reasoning was crazy but he just knew that this was somehow is fault.

Instead of being parked at the Sikhosana gate, he found himself in front of the Jiki gate. He and Veli were not close but since he was already here, he knew he had to go in. there was a reason why his heart led him here. The gate was open, so he walked inside and knocked when he reached the door. Veli opened but frowned upon seeing who was at the door.

“May I come in?” he asked politely with a small smile. Veli opened the door wide.
“Yeah, sure.” They walked to the lounge and he sat on one of the couches while Veli stood on the entry way. “Is everything okay? Did something happen to Azanda or Lele?” she asked anxiously because she couldn’t think of any other reason Sethulo Buthelezi was seated at her lounge. He chuckled.

“Nothing is wrong. I am actually here to talk to you about something person.” Veli relaxed a bit but she still doesn’t understand what brought him here.
“Do you need anything to eat or drink?” Veli asked and Sethulo nodded.

She dashed to kitchen and placed freshly baked mini scones on a tray. She poured juice in a small jug, placed it and the glass on the tray. She went back to the lounge and placed the tray on the coffee table. She sat on the couch opposite his. He took one of the scones and took a bite.

“These are delicious. Did you bake them this morning?” he asked and she nodded with a smile. “You should definitely bake some for my mother and Azanda. I am sure they will appreciate them.” her smile grew wider.
“I made more than enough. I can pack them for you in a container before you leave.”

“That would be good.” He took a sip of the juice and sat back. “Now you must be wondering what brought me here.” she nodded. “I am sure Azanda has told you about her current illness.” She nodded once again. Azanda did inform her, Lele also did. She was livid and she wished to go and rip Nomzamo’s throat soon after she heard but Lele managed to talk her out of doing anything crazy. “Well as you know, I am dating Ntokozo and she is kind of like your enemy. Even though I have established that she had nothing to do with the attack on my sister, I can’t help but feel part of this was my fault. I brought a snake at home and my sister suffered because of my actions. I am just responsible for everything that happened.” She sighed. Lele briefed her about Sethulo’s guilt but she didn’t know it was this deep.

“Bhuti, none of this is your fault and none of this is Ntokozo’s fault. Sure we may be ‘enemies’ but we would never hold her accountable for her friend’s actions. Just like I wouldn’t like Azanda to be held accountable or hated for my actions.” She exhaled loudly. “I think you should ask Ntokozo to choose. Her friend is a snake, she is evil and she deserves to be treated as an outcast. If she is capable of bewitching someone because of a man who doesn’t even love her, what makes you think she won’t bewitch Ntokozo? What if one day the affection you show your girlfriend is too much for her to watch and she decides to bewitch both you and Ntokozo?” Sethulo buried his head in his hands and groaned in frustration.

“What should I do?”
“Look at me bhuti.” He raised his head and looked at her. He was miserable and looked like he hasn’t slept in forever. Veli sympathized with him. “You love her and you see a future with her. You have to do what’s best for you and leave the ball in her court. Tell her what he friend has done and just ask her to choose between you and her. Her decision will determine your future. The decision might be in favour or against you. You just have to respect it.” He huffed and finished his juice.

“This sucks but I guess I have to do it.” Her face softened.
“Even if you guys don’t end up together, you are a good guy. You will find the perfect woman for you.” he nodded.
“Thank you. I should get going. How much is your consultation?” Veli frowned and he chuckled. “You just became my therapist, so how much is your consultation?” she broke into laughter.

“Well your happiness is my consultation price. Once you are happy, I will be content.” He smiled.
“Once again, thank you.” Veli stood up.

“Let me quickly pack those scones before you leave.” She took the tray and went to the kitchen. She packed a few scones on a container and went back to the lounge. “Here you go.” She handed the container to him. “Let me walk you out.” they both walked out and just as they reached the gate, Zithulele’s car came to a halt next to Sethulo’s car. He climbed off and strutted to them.

“Ngiyadlelwa bafo?” he asked and Veli and Sethulo both laughed.
“I am whipped bafo, so I wouldn’t do anything to Nqengelele’s daughter in law. I just came for some advice and I did get it, plus free scones.” He raised the container.
“Give me one.” He tried to take the container but Sethulo stepped back laughing.

“See you soon, koti.” He kissed Veli’s cheek and rushed to his car. Zithulele turned to Veli with a smile.
“What did you do to him?” he asked as soon as Sethulo drove off. “He has been sour the last two days. There has to be something you did to him.” Veli chuckled.

“I am a great listener and I give out good advices. Now come, I cooked for you.” she took his hand and led him inside the house. He was grinning like a chimpanzee.