9. He knows

(A/N Two updates in one day!? I can't believe it myself, happy (un)birthday!)

"Please believe me don't you see the things you mean to me"

Peter's POV

As I swung gracefully through the city, leaping over a couple of cars in my path, a pang of guilt tugged at me. "Ned was really excited about the whole Spider-Man party idea," I thought to myself, my mind racing as I landed on a patch of insanely green grass. "But I really don't want to risk it. He's going to have to understand that." Shooting a web to the nearest structure, I watched as it shot out a few feet before abruptly halting and slowly gliding down to the ground. Letting out an exasperated groan as I swiftly started running across the field.

Just as I was gaining momentum, determined to reach my destination, the sprinklers suddenly sprang to life, showering me with water. "This sucks!" I exclaimed aloud, my frustration evident as I continued running, the water clinging to my suit. Undeterred, I pressed on until I finally reached the designated area where the blue blast was expected.

"Now, this little beauty was crafted from a reclaimed sub-Ultron arm straight from Sokovia," the man holding the gun explained confidently, his words barely reaching my ears as my attention was caught by a soft noise coming from behind me. Turning cautiously, I discovered the Violet Witch standing there, her presence unexpected.

"Where'd you come from?" I whispered, surprised by her sudden appearance.

"The same place that gun came from," she replied in a hushed voice, her gaze fixed on the scene unfolding before us.

"I got what you need, alright?" the man continued, searching through the contents of his truck. We observed him intently, realizing that this must be the source of the stolen equipment used in the recent ATM robberies. I nodded in agreement, silently confirming my suspicion.

Just as we were immersed in our covert observation, my phone buzzed loudly in my pocket, startling me. "Pet- What the heck?!" she exclaimed under her breath, as I quickly retrieved my phone to see that it was a call from Ned. Panic surged through me as I realized the risk of being discovered.

"Okay, what was that?" the man questioned, suspicion evident in his tone as he pointed his gun at the individual who was attempting to purchase the weapon. The man threw his hands up in surrender, but I couldn't afford to let things escalate any further.

"Hey, if you're gonna shoot at someone, shoot at me," I bravely declared, my voice carrying as I dropped down and landed in front of them. 

"All right," the man responded, a sinister smirk forming on his face. My senses heightened, warning me of imminent danger. He fired a few shots, but to my surprise, the bullets abruptly stopped right in front of my face, suspended by a pulsating red-violet energy. The Violet Witch had intervened, using her powers to shield me from harm.

"You're really stupid, you know that?" she scolded me in a low voice, emerging from the shadows with a hint of exasperation. I shrugged wasting no time and sprinted towards the group of armed individuals, determined to put an end to their illicit activities.

Before I could even reach them, one of the men delivered a powerful punch, sending me crashing into the bridge behind me. My head spun from the impact, but the urgency of the situation propelled me forward. The criminals quickly hopped into their getaway vehicle and sped away, leaving me with a fierce determination to catch up.

"Come on!" the Violet Witch called out. Without a moment's hesitation, she unleashed a burst of colorful energy from her hands, propelling herself forward, soaring towards the fleeing car. Desperate to join the pursuit, I swiftly webbed the boot of the vehicle, only to find myself being dragged behind it helplessly.