27. Bring Him Back

Im running out of chapter names

Y/N's POV

A mix of disbelief and relief washed over you as you stared up at Pietro, the brother you thought you had lost forever. His once-familiar face now contorted with a wild intensity that sent shivers down your spine. Gasping for breath, you struggled to comprehend the sudden turn of events.

"What have they done to you?" you whispered, your voice barely audible amidst the chaos that engulfed you. Your gaze met Pietro's, searching for any sign of recognition or understanding. But instead of finding your brother's familiar warmth, his eyes glazed over, as if he were lost in some distant, haunting memory.

In an instant, Pietro's body tensed, his expression twisted with rage. Without warning, he lunged forward, pushing you forcefully to the ground once again. The impact sent a jolt of pain through your body, causing your vision to blur momentarily. The tears welled up in your eyes as you struggled to comprehend the situation unfolding before you.

From the corner of your eye, you saw Peter rushing towards you, his voice filled with panic. But before he could reach you, Pietro stood over you, his grip tightening around your throat. The world around you seemed to fade away as your air supply was cut off, and you clawed desperately at his hand, fighting for every breath.

Summoning every ounce of strength within you, you summoned the courage to strike back. Your arms flailed, connecting with his torso, and with a gasp, Pietro released his hold on you. Collapsing to the ground, you gasped for precious air, your heart pounding in your chest.

As you struggled to regain your composure, you locked eyes with Pietro once more. His face contorted with a mixture of confusion, anger, and anguish. It was as if he were battling an internal storm, torn between the remnants of his past and the reality he now found himself in.

"What have they done to you, Pietro?" you rasped, your voice strained yet filled with genuine concern. You reached out a trembling hand towards him, a silent invitation for him to return to you, to find solace in the bond you once shared.

Pietro's gaze flickered between your outstretched hand and your tear-streaked face. The glimmer of recognition flickered briefly in his eyes before being replaced with a cloud of uncertainty. Slowly, he withdrew his hand, as if an invisible force held him back, preventing him from accepting your touch.

Confusion and heartache washed over you, mingling with the residue of hope that refused to fade. "Pietro?" you whispered, your voice laden with a mix of longing and desperation. But before he could respond, a sudden webbing shot forth, encasing Pietro and pinning him against the wall, restraining his movements.

"No!" you screamed, propelled by an overwhelming surge of protectiveness. Ignoring the pain coursing through your body, you lunged forward, determined to reach your brother's side. But Peter intercepted you, his arms encircling you in a protective embrace, preventing you from advancing any further.

"Stop!" Peter's voice rang out, his tone filled with a mixture of caution and concern. "I understand your pain, but we can't risk anyone's safety right now. We need to figure out what's happening."

Tears streamed down your face, and you struggled against Peter's hold, torn between the desire to save your brother and the understanding that caution was necessary. The room buzzed with a heavy silence as Tony stepped forward, his eyes filled with a mix of sympathy and hesitation.

"I know how much he means to you," Tony spoke gently, his voice tempered by the weight of the situation. "But until we know what's going on, we can't take any chances. We'll find a way to help him, but for now, those restraints stay."