26. Havent We Met Before?

"But I knew you, Dancin' in your Levi's, Drunk under a streetlight, I"

Y/N's POV

In a thrilling pursuit, you trailed behind an extraterrestrial being who effortlessly floated on levitating rocks. Prior to that, you had encountered a wizard-like red blob creature. Speeding ahead, you swiftly overtook a blue individual and made fleeting eye contact.

"What in the Voldemort and Squidward's child," you exclaimed, the words escaping your lips involuntarily. The alien entity seemed to have taken offense, as almost instantly a billboard came hurtling toward you. You skillfully dodged it, but Peter, unfortunately, wasn't as fortunate.

"Not cool," you heard him say after being knocked down by the billboard, but you pressed on. Soaring over Cornelia Street (hehe Taylor Swift reference), the street lamps contorted around you. You zoomed past them, nearly seizing the red object, only for the street lamp to intercept it before your grasp. The red blob writhed as if attempting to break free, and suddenly, a man's body was ejected from within it.

"I got it!" Peter exclaimed as he swung over. He swiftly ensnared the man with his webbing, preparing to swing away. However, a blue beam descended from the enormous donut-shaped ship in the sky and snatched him. Peter clung to a street light desperately as you approached.

"Hang on, Pete," you urged him.

"I am!" he yelled, his voice filled with urgency. You gestured with your hands, emanating a radiant light as the Squidmort figure circled around you, extending his hand. Instantly, the street light disengaged from the ground, with Peter still clinging to it. "Guys? I'm being beamed up!" he shouted as he ascended. You soared into the beam just as a car hurtled toward you. With no time to react, it collided with your body, propelling you downward and crashing onto the road. Your back collided with the pavement, causing searing pain, but you summoned the strength to fling the car off you.

"I recognize you," the alien said, hovering above you.

"Can't say the same," you retorted while pushing yourself up.

"Proxima nearly killed you once, but the red one intervened and saved you. I'm not sure why," the alien remarked.

"Oh, shut up, Squidmort," you interrupted and forcefully drove him to the ground. He landed in the grass, creating an imprint the size of an alien. Exhausted and with a burning sensation in your back, you approached the indentation. As you peered into the hole, you found nothing but dirt—no body remained.

"Y/n?" Bruce's voice called out, and you turned around. He was running over, accompanied by a bald man. "What happened?"

"That alien's creature took Peter!" you exclaimed. The bald man fixed his gaze on you. "And the wizard," you added.

"The Iron Man has just departed to rescue them," the bald man informed you.'

"What?" you asked incredulously.

"Y/n, he's got it under control. Don't g—" You didn't allow him to finish. You promptly closed your eyes and concentrated on Peter, teleporting to his location. When you opened your eyes again, darkness enveloped your surroundings, and everything appeared metallic.

"Y/n?" Peter whispered, and you turned to face him. "Hey."

"Hey, are you okay?" you inquired, noticing that Peter had removed his mask, and his suit had undergone changes.

"Isn't it cool? And it smells like a new car!" he exclaimed, spinning around. You nodded and heard Tony sigh.

"Not only do I have two kids and a floating coat, but now I have to deal with two lovebirds. When did I become the babysitter?" Tony muttered.

"Last I checked, you willingly came up here, Stark," you said.

"Whatever. Look, there's a guy down there who needs our help." Tony pointed toward the edge, and you walked over to join Peter. The alien stood before the wizard, who had numerous glass needles piercing his skin. "He's in trouble, so what's your plan? Go."

"Why are you asking us? We're not Avengers," you responded to Tony.

"Look around," Tony replied, turning to survey the area. "Do you see any other adults here who aren't being tortured? Didn't think so!"

"Did you ever watch that old movie Alien?" Peter interjected, addressing Tony.

"This is not the time for movie talk," Tony retorted.

"Ebony!" The conversation abruptly ceased as the alien turned his attention to someone calling his name.

"What? I'm busy," Ebony replied.

"There's a ship approaching dangerously close," a voice echoed. You strained your neck to locate the source, realizing it was a man, but you couldn't discern his face. His voice sounded familiar, like to those encountered in dreams.

"Let me see," Ebony responded, walking away.

"Now's our chance," Tony declared, gliding down with Peter trailing behind.

"I'll be the lookout, I guess," you said as you descended to the opposite side. In truth, you said that to ascertain the man's identity. Peering through the corridor where Ebony had vanished, you discovered it to be the control room. He and another figure loomed over a screen, engaged in conversation.

"We good?" Peter whisper-yelled to you. You raised a single finger, signaling him to wait, before giving a thumbs-up. You shifted your attention back to the room. Ebony had moved, revealing the figure with silver hair and a gray shirt. Ebony turned to face him, and they began conversing. The figure stepped back, crossing his arms, and observed Ebony's movements before turning in your direction. Your eyes locked, and time seemed to stand still. Gasping, the room around you started to spin, tears welled up, and your hand instinctively flew to your mouth.

"Pietro?"