33. Planes

"Mama Mia, here we go again!" 

Y/n's POV

"Wanda!" You yelled from your room, frustration lacing your voice. "Did you take my cardigan?" You asked while frantically searching through your closet, pulling clothes off hangers and rummaging through shelves.

"No," she yelled back from the living room. "I think it's in your dresser."

You threw down a shirt you had just grabbed and hurriedly made your way to the dresser. Opening the first drawer, you found your cardigan sitting there as Wanda had suggested.

"Thanks!" You called out, relieved, as you picked up the cardigan and swiftly made your way back to your room. The trip was scheduled for tomorrow, but you had procrastinated packing until the last minute. You grabbed a few more essentials before shoving them into your backpack, mentally making sure you had everything before zipping it up and throwing it to the side.

***

"I really hope this trip doesn't turn out as bad as the last one," MJ expressed her concerns as you both began to board the plane.

"What do you mean?" You asked, glancing over at her.

"Well, in Washington, the elevator broke, and MOMA got invaded by aliens. So, if we manage to avoid any life-threatening situations this time, I'll be extremely happy," she replied, a touch of sarcasm in her voice.

"You're not wrong. Our luck with field trips hasn't been great," you admitted, remembering everything,

"Very much so," MJ agreed as you both made your way down the aisle. As you spotted Peter, you walked over to join him.

"Yo, Parker!" Flash called out as you approached Peter. You turned to look at Flash, waiting for his next taunting remark. "This is called an airplane. It's like the buses you're used to, except it flies over poor neighborhoods, not through them," he exaggerated, taking a sip of champagne with his hand gesturing dramatically.

"Excuse me, ma'am," you called out to the flight attendant, seeking to address Flash's inappropriate behavior.

 "He blipped, so technically, he's 16, not 21," MJ interjected, 

The flight attendant smiled and turned to face Flash. "Yeah, I'll be taking that," she said, indicating his champagne glass before swiftly grabbing it and walking away.

"What? No! I don't even know her! She's lying!" Flash protested, chasing after the flight attendant. You turned back around, suppressing a smile, while MJ walked past you. Suddenly, a hand fell on your shoulder.

"Classic MJ, right?" Brad exclaimed enthusiastically from behind you, a wide grin adorning his face. You forced a fake smile, and he moved his hand away, following MJ.

"Anyways!" you said, finally turning back to Peter.

 "Oh! Um, you're next to me, right?" He asked, 

"My ticket says A13," You replied with a tinge of disappointment.

"That's okay, Ned can switch with you," Peter suggested, looking at Ned for confirmation.

"No thanks!" Ned piped up, i'm not sitting next to MJ, "I don't want to hear about murders and her making fun of me for my game the whole flight. Besides, Peter, what about our plan!"

"That's your plan, Ned. Can't you just make an excuse and have the seats changed?" He suggested, looking at Ned hopefully.

"Okay, fine," Ned reluctantly agreed, getting up to talk to Mr. Harrison. Mr. Harrison looked at you suspiciously but ultimately nodded in response to Ned.