11. The Decathlon

"Here we go again, I kinda wanna be more than friends.."

Y/n's POV

You and Peter hurriedly made your way towards the bus, where Mr. Harrison, the decathlon team leader, stood alongside other students dressed in their distinctive yellow jackets.

"Hey, it's Peter!" one of the kids called out excitedly as you approached.

"Yeah, I was hoping maybe I could rejoin the team," Peter said, waving to the enthusiastic student who had recognized him. However, Flash, with his characteristic arrogance, stood by the bus entrance, wearing a disapproving expression.

"No! No way. You can't just quit on us, stroll up, and be welcomed back by everyone," Flash declared, confronting Peter and invading his personal space. Unable to resist, you rolled your eyes at Flash's display of misplaced superiority.

"Flash, back off. Don't pretend to be the bigger person when you clearly aren't," one of the girls from the decathlon team spoke up, her voice laced with irritation at Flash's behavior.

"Especially since you're shorter than everyone on the team," you whispered under your breath, unable to resist the opportunity to deliver a snarky remark. Flash noticed your comment and responded by flipping you off.

Ignoring Flash's juvenile gesture, Mr. Harrison intervened, positioning himself between Peter and Flash. "Welcome back, Peter!" he exclaimed, effectively diffusing the tension. "Flash, you're back to being the first alternate," he added firmly, resolving the dispute and assigning Flash a lower position on the team. Flash shot a glare at the teacher before storming off in a huff.

"Uh, excuse me, can we go already? Y/n and I were hoping to engage in some light protesting in front of an embassy before dinner," MJ chimed in, her arm casually draped over your shoulder as she made her request.

"Protesting is patriotic... fine. Y/n, there's an extra seat on the bus, you might as well take it. Everyone, let's go!" Mr. Harrison declared, giving his approval for the journey to commence. The decathlon team members quickly shuffled onto the bus, MJ leading the way, while you took the opportunity to secure an available seat.

***

Arachnophobia

How?

                                                                            How what?

How did you manage to get on the bus and go to the decathlon if you aren't on the team??

                                                                          Like I said Spidey, I have my 

                                                                         ways ;)

As the bus journey continued, the decathlon team members settled into their seats. Liz took charge, redirecting everyone's attention to the upcoming topic of discussion—Saturn's moons. The atmosphere on the bus became a mix of answering questions and exchanging lighthearted jokes, although some of the attempts at humor fell flat.

"Flash is wrong!" one of the kids exclaimed confidently, prompting a quiet chuckle from MJ beside you.

"Isn't he always?" you whispered to MJ, earning a shared understanding and a soft laugh from her.

"He definitely has a consistent track record," she replied, nodding in agreement.

Curiosity piqued, you asked, "What are you reading, anyway?" MJ closed her book and flipped it around to show you the cover.