21. The Return of Wing Suit Man

"Im sitting here, crying in my prom dress...."

Peter's POV

We pulled up to the school a few minutes ago, the excitement in the air palpable. Y/n  stood outside the cafeteria, sensing my panic and trying to offer support. I paced back and forth, mumbling anxiously under my breath.

"Look," she said firmly, stepping in front of me, "it's a fun night. We don't have to worry about anything right now, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, you're right," I replied, trying to calm myself down. I glanced through the glass window of the school and saw a sea of elegantly dressed people, both students and their guests. Amidst the crowd, I spotted Ned waving frantically to catch my attention, while MJ flipped me off. Y/n placed her hand on my shoulder, offering reassurance.

"If anything does happen, which it won't, I'll be here to help," she said with a comforting smile. I took a deep breath and nodded, grateful for her presence. After a few seconds, I mustered the courage to reach for the door handle and opened it, stepping into the bustling atmosphere of music, laughter, and conversations. Together, Y/n and I navigated through the crowd, making our way towards our friends. Y/n sprinted the remaining distance and embraced MJ.

"Dang, girl, you went all out," MJ remarked, admiring Y/ns dress.

"Yeah, well, it was my sister's idea," Y/n replied.

"You look great," MJ complimented sincerely.

"Thank you. Ned, I like your hat," Y/n added. I observed the room, taking in the sights and sounds, but my rapid breathing persisted.

"Hey, dude," Ned greeted, extending his hand for our handshake.

"I gotta go," I blurted out abruptly, catching everyone by surprise.

"But you just got here," Ned protested.

"I know, I'm sorry," I added, directing my apology specifically to Y/n before turning and sprinting away. I rushed through the dimly lit hallways towards the lockers, retrieving a bag hidden underneath one of them. Swiftly, I changed into my homemade spider suit. Without wasting a moment, I bolted out of the school through the back door.

As soon as I stepped outside, a powerful fist connected with my face, sending me sprawling to the ground. The assailant loomed over me, tauntingly remarking, "He gave you a choice, and you chose wrong." I noticed his arm adorned with what appeared to be a giant taser-like device. In an attempt to defend myself, I reached for my web shooter, but it had been knocked out of my hand. Desperately, I made a dash for it, but the man struck me again, sending the web shooter flying. He continued to pummel me relentlessly, smashing me into several buses.

"Aw, come on, man! It's homecoming. Give the kid a break," a voice interjected, a hint of exasperation evident.

"Yeah, and?" the assailant retorted, clearly unmoved. He struck the bus, causing it to roll, and I found myself hurtling through the air, colliding with various objects before crashing onto the ground outside the back door. I groaned in pain, struggling to regain my composure.

"You're gonna ruin this for him? Don't you remember your first homecoming?" the voice continued, filled with a mix of sympathy and admonishment.

"Never went," the assailant replied callously.

"Ah, well, that explains this." I looked up to witness Y/n, no longer in her dress, hurling the assailant into the side of a bus. With swift precision, she retrieved my web shooter and immobilized him by webbing him to the wall. "Come on, we gotta go if we're gonna catch him," Y/n urged, tossing the web shooter back to me.