14. Nightmare's

"And now im falling for ya, falling for ya.."

Y/n's POV

The elevator continued its ascent, but you couldn't shake the feeling of unease. As the tour guide droned on about the Washington Monument's height, a police officer standing nearby caught your attention. She spoke with a monotone voice, seemingly oblivious to the strange occurrence happening right in front of her. Ned's backpack began emitting a faint, purple glow, which only you seemed to notice.

"Hey, what the frick is happening with your bag?" you whispered urgently to Ned, elbowing him discreetly.

"What do you mean?" he replied, furrowing his brows in confusion. You pointed towards his bag, which was now pulsating with a growing brightness. Before you could explain further, the bag suddenly disintegrated from the top, leaving both of you stunned.

The situation escalated rapidly as the backpack unleashed unexpected laser beams, causing panic to ripple through the elevator. Ned hastily threw his bag to the ground, and everyone's attention turned to the ceiling, which now glowed ominously.

"Stay calm, everything's gonna be fine," the police officer tried to reassure the passengers, but you knew deep down that the situation was far from safe. In a desperate attempt to shield your identity, you urgently whispered to Ned, "I need some sort of cover!"

Confused and overwhelmed, Ned whispered back, "What?"

"I can't use my powers out in the open, undisguised!" you hissed, the urgency mounting as the chaos escalated. As the cable began making unsettling noises, you felt a sense of helplessness wash over you.

"We're freaking screwed!" you exclaimed, your voice filled with frustration and fear.

Amidst the turmoil, the police officer continued with her attempts to maintain order. However, her assurances fell on deaf ears, and the impending danger became increasingly palpable. The elevator jolted to a sudden stop, causing the passengers to stumble. It was at this moment that you realized you had to act, even if it meant exposing your powers.

"I'll stand in front of you!" Ned offered bravely, positioning himself to cover you. The knowledge that your secret might be revealed weighed heavily on your mind, but you knew that protecting yourself and your friends took precedence.

As the others in the elevator continued to fearfully contemplate their fate, you frantically tried to summon your magic, but a flood of voices filled your head, overwhelming you with doubt and panic. The internal struggle only added to your frustration and made it difficult to concentrate on utilizing your powers.

Suddenly, everything faded away, and you found yourself sitting in a cold, dark metal chair. The surroundings felt eerie and unfamiliar, and your body ached with a sense of disorientation and vulnerability. A voice, laced with contempt, boomed from behind you, berating you for being perceived as a mere weapon.

"But sir, she has both of the Maximoff's powers. She can be a weapon. A powerful one at that," a second voice chimed in, emphasizing the potential danger you posed. Anger bubbled within you as you despised being reduced to a mere instrument of destruction.

The piercing sound of screams shattered the illusion, yanking you back to reality. People were screaming in the elevator, waking you from your disorienting reverie. Panic set in as the elevator descended rapidly. Just as it seemed all hope was lost, Peter, clad in his suit, materialized in the middle of the elevator floor, web-slinging to halt its descent.

"Hey, how are you doing? Don't worry about it; I got you," Peter's voice reassured, the calmness and determination in his tone bringing a sense of relief.