Chapter 1: You chose Capitalism

Author's note:

Not a sequel

This would've been so much easier if it was Hospital
___

"I know you've retired some time ago, but I really need your help." The holographic screen shifted, cracking the communication a little, his message went straight to voicemail. Its been long since the device was last used. Nezu is worried that his rather other-worldly associate might've forgotten him despite always being on and off until about two years ago.

The principle was skeptical when he'd been called a few years ago for mysterious existence seemingly sneaking around the atmosphere. Before then, successful communication had been made, aliens know English apparently. A meeting had been scheduled and things had gone smoothly. A sort of deal had been made that they'll keep the planet research out of sight in trade for extraterrestrial assistance in case something like a war blew up.

The organization 'TAPOPS' is all about tracking and protecting powerful discontinued A.I, never in his life could Nezu thought he'd see a robot that can temporarily loop time. There are quirks of similarity, but never to the extent those sentient 'power spheres' or the 8th generation that is.

His paw tapped the small button, closing his message and hoping for a reply, then after some minutes the machine beeped profusely, making him turn it on again. The shifty monitor didn't show the humanoid red scarred face he saw last time but a small square headed alien wearing sunglasses, he assumes this alien is also part of TAPOPS for he is qualified to have a badge.

"Excuse me, is this TAPOPS?" Just to make sure, he asked. The contact address might have been transferred from Tarung's branch to somewhere else after the admiral retired for ambiguous reasons, since when Nezu asked why, the man laughed. Tarung must have told headquarters about the personal deal made with the planet.

"This is Commander Kokochi, you are communicating from an old model. A maintenance employee reported a help request from this address." Kokochi calmly replied, the connection was spotty, maybe they'll provide the solicitors of that planet a newer model, this version of earth had halted space research in favor of learning more about their own biology, at least that's what the records said. The base of human behavior is on the earth that has floating islands.

"Yes, there has been a major conflict and I was wondering if our deal is still standing." Nezu sighed in relief, the address was sent somewhere else after all, main base it seems, or close to it. There was a pause.

"... Explain the situation." There was an agreement noted in the records. Conflict can mean a personal thing like two big wigs who had an argument over the use of cacao energy leading to a domino effect and end up in environmental devastation or it could just be civil war, disagreement can lead to many things in humans after all.

-

-

-

He couldn't believe it; they actually have a team to take care of singular planetary issues. He thought with constantly sending out teams to search power signals, take care of collateral damage from previous retrievals and qualifying new batches of cadets, they could only send out one or two trained agents at best. Nezu also learned that Tarung came back from his retirement. He was informed that the station had gone M/A for some time due to a villain completely obliterating the station. While the commander protested for a bit, the admiral after jumping in happily accepted his request for assistance.