Chapter 18: Raid arc (P2)

Author's note:

This thing was a draft for two months straight before I got around to writing it again.

This arc is so lame.

___

Chisaki Kai thinks he's a good man.

What if he's a bit opportunistic? If it is for a greater good then necessary sacrifices must be made. Sure the boss doesn't approve of his methods, but isn't this what they're collectively aiming for? Chivalry doesn't mean shit if at the end you're still considered a villain. The heroes are sick, diseased even, that line between real villains and yakuza is too thin.

He respects the boss with all his being, and what better way to show that respect than to assist him in bringing the Shie Hassaikai back to its former glory? The man had once claimed that he was like a son to him, certainly it isn't an issue if he'd utilize this child to her full capabilities?

She'd only hurt herself and others if left to her own devices after all, and with this she'll be helping out her family, partially making up for her wrongdoings. Surely the boss will understand and forgive him, call it a rebellious phase if he will, to disobey his elders just this once. At the end of this, Kai will be a good son.

So why, pray tell? Are these mutts getting in his way!?

-

The heroes were following Ying through an elaborate tunnel network, completely off the map she had shown them. Nighteye can deduce from her vague and short explanation that her team is putting work to salvage the situation they've put themselves in, the implication that he was the one who've put them in these circumstances went unsaid, and it created a foul guilty feeling in his gut.

He's depending on a ragtag group of teenage heroes to perform recon for his flawed plan for god's sake! That fourteen year-old didn't even react accordingly to his failure! When he gave her a rundown of just how wrong the raid had gone, she merely pouted as if she was fully aware this whole thing will blow up in their faces. But this strange and horribly absurd group of children had let them go anyway, offering assistance with no input, staying on the sidelines.

Which he now realized, was because they couldn't. They're here specifically for the U.A students, they weren't allowed to interfere with official hero business, interfere with his hero business. He had only asked them for a location, and that was all she had provide.

The only question he has, is how they are doing all this.

-

"We need to regroup!" Fang unhelpfully informed as he dodges a spike of morphed earth. Although he'd successfully met up with Gopal and his tagalong, with Yaya meeting the unfortunate obstacle of a group of officers struggling to follow her down while she's too nice to deny them, and Ying already in the untouchable tunnels.

"I'm working on it!" Gopal yelled, they're cutting down into the tunnels. Turning things into literally anything other than food requires him to concentrate a lot! Boboiboy had been working on the lower levels, which left the upper levels to the Bad Director. Guess it's a good thing that guy isn't aware of them though. "We wouldn't be in such a rush if you didn't bring them along!"

'Them' as in Fatgum and Eijiro, in the aftermath of Fang's section the redhead decided that he was fit to continue and the Gogobugian didn't want to waste time arguing, running off almost immediately, not before sending his request for route B, a ping informed him that at least one of his friends shared the same sentiment.