Chapter 17: Raid arc (P1)

Author's note:

Happy Lunar New Years!

It's been a year since I started this lol

Maybe I'll start giving sneaks on Twitter...

___

Honestly, he doesn't even want to be here. His plans for today was to make an announcement then leave, but of course it wouldn't feel right if he isn't with them on their escapades. His plans did not account for any saving today, then again... their brand is having a starting line then take care of whatever comes next by guidelines. Even if Tamaki can defend himself just fine, the end result won't be pretty, Gopal had seen him being overwhelmed in one-on-one combat with himself. To be fair, it was supposed to be a 3vs2 situation, it could've been a 3vs1 but Fang decided that he needed to contribute too.

"I would be lying if I said I had high hopes for you dude." He was a smidge too late judging by the scene in front of him, Tamaki is at a disadvantage. Chicken claws and armored tendrils aside, the bad guys seemed to notice his presence now. Weird, he thought his landing must've been really loud.

"Hey, hey, hey is it fair for you to have a friend here?" If he remembers correctly, that's Mr. Setsuno. It must be their lucky day, because if it was Boboiboy they'd be on the ground already and his friend wouldn't even remember their names.

"Dey! That's rude!" Gopal exclaims as a giant piece of crystal flies at him, that little shot of fear was enough for the crystal to turn into various mixed candies and flops to the ground in front of him harmlessly. He picks one up and carelessly unwraps it.

"Gopal, I can handle them by myself! Go catch up with the others!" The professionals must save their strength for stronger villains, not here dealing with some lackeys who're stalling for time. How did he even get back here? The question was dismissed when Amajiki needed to block a crystal. He then began pushing back his offenders with multiple armored tentacles, swiping around wildly.

"Tabe, wake up! It's time to eat!" Setsuno yelled, so there's reinforcement coming for this hero. His fellow snaps awake and begin cutting off the hybrid tendrils one by one, blood and flesh scattered throughout the air. "With those teeth and jaws, he can eat anything in an instant! And he's got a stomach digests everything in seconds! Tabe's stomach will never get full!"

"Gross..." Gopal mutters, staring at a piece of octopus that landed in front of him with a disgusting splat. Ironic considering he was just on an octopus and being brought down to the dark underground surrounded by morphing hallways, but here's the thing about shadow animals, they don't bleed.

When Gopal lifts his head up, he was greeted by Mr. Tabe's jaws that were aiming for his face. He side stepped and dodges swiftly, letting the bad guy crash painfully into the wall behind him. He would ask if the man was okay if he was Yaya but the man beat him to it by making some groaning noises, jerks himself back up and begin attacking again. To that Gopal just kept evading him left and right before he heard a loud slam as Tamaki was tossed across the room.

"You can't stop my Crystalize with just that!" Hojo exclaims, the hero had barely reacted in time to defend himself. But it'll take more than some crustacean shell to top his minerals, Tabe is keeping the other one busy and with his maneuvers it won't take long before that hero stops dodging and gets one or two limbs chewed off.

"You're the one that wanted to fight three on one, right, Suneater?" Setsuno taunted, a piece of the hero's manifested skin in his hand. He watched as the hero struggles to get back up again, how pathetic and to think he talked big. "Did you think you'd get a complete shu—" He was cut off by Gopal pinning him to the ground and a punch to the face, rendering him out of commission.