Chapter 8: Sports commentary?

Author's note:

Kembali brought me to tears

___

"The provisional hero licensing exam takes place each June and September in three different locations across Japan. In order to avoid students from the same school fighting eachother. All schools register by splitting up participants by time or locations." Vlad debriefs the two classes, they've both worked very diligently after... previous events that once again prove they are far from professional heroism.

"Phew"

"IT'S UNFORTUNATE THAT WE WON'T BE DIRECTLY FACING EACHOTHER!" as Monoma laugh like a maniac, posing while all the other hero course students just stare at him with unimpressed expressions.

"Didn't he just said 'phew'?" Wasn't that a sign of relief on his part? Kirishima pondered.

"I wonder if there's a diagnosis for the mental state he has." Kaminari deadpans.

"All schools huh? I didn't really think about it that much but we'll be fighting other schools to pass." Sero thought out loud. They were too occupied with the Kokotaim mysteries that are yet to be solved and almost forgot that they are training for this licensing exam. The only reminder for them was mundane training sessions where the get nearly nothing done.

"In addition, there are very few first years in the country trying to get their provisional licenses. In other words, the test will have those who've trained longer than you have in these couple weeks. With quirks you don't know about that they've polished. The actual contents are unclear, what is, is that you all will have a hard time. It's not good to get too hung up about it, but keep it in mind." Aizawa elaborated, they won't have as much of a difficult time as when they're facing a pro but a warning is still in order.

"YES, SIR!"

-

The next day, they arrived at National Dagoba Arena early. Suitcases for hero costumes fully modified in hand, with their homeroom and two chaperones/cheerleaders AKA Gopal and Boboiboy.

"I wonder what we'll have to do... I wonder if I can get my provisional license!" Mineta nervously fidget in place. They first though they can ask the Kokotaim for hints, because aside from being pro heroes those kids are also their friends. Instead, they learn that the team didn't go through the provisional gate but blasted straight up to professionalism, what more is that they excel at it.

"Mineta, it's not about whether or not you can. Just go and get it." As much as he loathe the child's antics, Aizawa is still an educator first and foremost and a little nerves before an exam as intimidating as this is perfectly normal. "Moreover, shouldn't you two be looking over the year class plans?" He turns to the two tagalongs.

"Ying and Yaya are having a competition to see who can finish more paperwork, we have our day off." Gopal shrugged, he is always one for tourism and what's a better offer than going to an arena with a show to see, he didn't view the challenge footage after all, seeing no point in doing it. Fang did suggest him to take notes about other schools though.

"So we came here to cheer you on!" Boboiboy exclaimed in all his sunshine glory, eyes so honest that Aizawa couldn't help but flinch. "Let's do our best! GO-"

"PLUS UT-ACK!!!" A large figure slides in behind them and was immobilized by bursting earth grasps from the ground, the rough material morphs itself into sticky taffy wordlessly. The two teenage pro heroes turned around to inspect their surprise offender.

"That's what you get for barging in other people's huddles Inasa." The participant, now known as Inasa's presume friend spoke, a little surprise at the sudden notion. They know that their friend has enthusiasm to spare but now the individual is covered in sticky taffy.